How to use GO730 windshield mount???

Hi everyone,

I just got my GO730 and opened it. I used to use the ONEXL so am used to simply clipping the GPS onto the mount and then onto the windshield.

When I opened the box I saw this clip and got kindof confused - I looked at it and at the back of the GPS and I'm thinking there is no way to clip this GPS onto the mount!? The tomtom website shows that you just push it on and it should clip, but that looks like its a different version GPS. I checked and I have the right mount for the GO730 - but i'm just confused as to how to put the GPS and the mount together! Can ANYONE help me!? I tried looking for youtube videos or pictures but have found nothing! The back of the GPS looks like there is nothing for the mount to clip onto!!

Thanks!

The mount with the 730 should look like what is shown in the manual here

You press the clear circular plastic mount (make sure it's clean) onto a clean part of the windshield. A bit of spit helps when you press it on the glass. Then use your thumbs at the base to squueze out all the air you can for a solid mount.

Then slide the unit onto the post part of the mount. May take a time or two to slide it on properly.

The problem I have is the "sliding the unit onto the post" --> It doesn't look like it will fit!!! the one I have is the "easy port mount" - it doesn't simply "slide on" - should I be pushing it on or something??? Does anyone have a picture of the GPS from the back with the mount on???

Thanks everyone!!!!

You mean this:
Accessories - Products - TomTom

I can't tell from the photo whether the 'ring' is long and narrow or circular. If circular, I can't see how it fits either, if long and narrow, maybe it slides onto the back of the unit.

Maybe call support at 866-486-6866 to get further info.

These pictures show the x20/ x30 EasyPort mount in my car, the holder I use is slightly modified as I have fitted it to a Pro-Clip rather than the screen sucker, the device attaches to the holder in exactly the same way though:

With the device attached in the lower position:

The "Easy Port" x20/ x30 also offers the option to rotate the mount shoe through 180 degrees which offers a higher position for the PND:

The circlular TomTom logo on the back is spring-loaded. Try pushing it in with your finger to see how it moves.

Just put the square part of the mount onto the logo and push up -- the corners of the square will lock in below the curves on the body.

Do it a couple of times without the mount in the car, then try it when the mount is on the windshield. You'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

Ask a Question