Go940 reboot problem.

Hello Everyone.

Returned my Tomtom GO940 for repair due to it rebooting,
and following several phonecalls to TT technical support.

The replacement unit is now in operation,after installing all the maps etc and guess what!.

This unit is also rebooting what a pain when you are trying to find an address!:mad:

I use my go940 with my iphone or works Nokia and use the HD traffic all the time.

Completed a format on this TT and completely re-installed the software and it still does the same again.

Discussed it again with TT support who said it could be the car adaptor,tried a friend car adaptor and guess what it still does the same.

I am coming to the conclusion its either a software issue when you have the unit paied with a mobile phone and using HD traffic.

removed the unit from the car and powered it up in demo mode in the house and it did not reset even after being on four a couple of hours.:(

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated as its getting to be a pain you know what i mean.:eek:

Connect to the PC and use Windows Explorer to view the files and folders on the device, open the Western And Central Europe map folder (assuming thats the map you are currently using), locate the MapSettings.cfg file in this folder and delete it, the device will create a new one when it re-boots once you disconnect it from the PC.

If the above doesn't fix the issue are you using MapShare via TomTom Home as there is also an issue with POI Sharing that has been causing re-booting on some devices (firtst time for a 940 though as I thought this issue only affected the x50 model range), turn off MapShare in Home and see if that fixes it.

Couple of options for you to try - Mike

G0 940 reboot problem

Mike,

Thanks for the information much appreciated.

I will try your suggestions and keep my fingers :) crossed.

Thanks

Paul

Ask a Question