GO930 Stuck at Legal Notice page.

TomTom Model(s)
GO930
I have tried it all!
I have gone through your help pages to restore my GO930. I even raised a help issue with TomTom customer support and even though they no longer support my device they stepped me through all of the steps that are also covered by your guides.
I have forced a download of the latest operating system through HOME, reloaded a new map supplied by TomTom, done the reset hole, done the power button drum-roll, operated my GO through home and navigated to a new Favorite.
I even formatted the internal drive and re tried all of the above a second time!
It still won't let me select "accept" on the Legal Notice page. I even tried using my GO930 remote control.
TT Customer support can't help me any further (20% off a new PND offered). So I have now found this Forum and signed-up for help, please. Anyone any ideas?
Dave.

I wonder -- one of the things that occurs to these units is a touch screen misalignment, more often than not in a way that makes the lower regions of the screen inaccessible. How does it go when you connect up, and it asks whether you want to YES/NO connect to your PC? Does the touch in the appropriate spot always work? Had you noticed this situation creeping up previously?

Thank you for your replies. I did a full format of the drive.
Funnily enough I have noticed that although I can select Yes or No when asked if I want to connect to the computer, it is a bit hesitant. Sometimes I need to leave my finger on the screen until the selection is selected ie: till it goes yellow. As Yes is roughly in the same area as Accept on the Legal Notice page I thought that should be OK.
How do I check touch screen misalighnment canderson?

Not easily if you can't get past the legal screen to move on to something that gives you some range of motion around the screen. If you can hit the center of Yes or No, even if it's a bit balky about responding, then the calibration is probably adequate to catch the legal screen confirmation.

Yes, that is what I thought, if I can hit Yes I should be able to catch the legal screen confirmation as well.
Still, now that I have found the Screen re-calibration POST on this forum I may well have a play with the adjustment when I have a few hours spare! Off on two weeks vacation now and I will have to rely on my smartphone and CoPilot to get me to where I am going.
I will check back into the forum when I return. Thank you for your help.

Enjoy the vacation. When you get back to fiddling the calibration file, let us know how you get on with that. FWIW, it's almost always the bottom of the screen that becomes problematic on this generation, so it won't surprise me if that turns out to be the issue.

Ask a Question