Go 720 transfer of poi's from one xl

Hi all , new to this and very frustrated!! after 2 days of trying to transfer my custom poi's from my one xl live to a go 720 I've had to give up and ask you!! I've tried copying the files across in explorer and i get the message "cyclic redundancy check unable to move files" thats after reading as much about it on this forum as i can! I've also tried just entering them all manually from the device its self (add poi category etc) but it wont let me! I can enter the category on tom tom home but then it doesnt show on the unit!!!! The map etc is on a 4GB card and the device has everything else, obviously the map is too big for the device (the new western europe and russia) and it wont let me copy the app etc to the card!!! HELP !! i need this for work !!

Copy the files from the One XL Live to a folder on your PC (create one) they will have the file extensions of. ov2 and .bmp, the files reside in the Western_Europe map folder. If you cant select all the files in one go perform the copy one file at a time to work out which one is corupt.

Once you have all the files on the device copy/ paste them from the PC to the currently active map folder on the 720 or if the currently active map folder is on the SD card copy/ paste them to the Western_Europe map folder on the memory card.

One observation is you have a rather rare device, the One XL Live was only ever intended to be purchased and used in Holland, did you ever get Live HD Traffic working on the device? - Mike

The full Europe & Russia map is not 4 gb in size, more like 2.2 gb.

Sounds like some error with the card itself.

It is a 4gb sdhc card is it not?

Can you use Explorer to copy the contents of the card to the computer as a backup. don't use Home and reformat the card then restore?

No Luck!!

Mike, thanks for the quick reply, I had already tried that but I just tried it again but still no luck, the poi's are fine on my one xl but if I try transfer them across I get the CRC message (cyclic redundancy check), occasionally an odd poi will go across but as soon as i get the CRC message the one that has copied across will disappear!!
Yes the traffic did work but not in all countries, but as I drive a truck - most times I cant get to take the alternative!!
I shall try the suggestion from dhn, but if anyone has any ideas I will be very gratefull !
Just an aside, the reason I've gone back to my 720 is that the one xl could'nt hold the latest map without bits of it missing and I need ALL the countries! does anyone know of a fix for this?
Many thanks in advance, Les

One "fix" for the One XL Live memory card would be to purchase a 4GB SD card from either TopRam or Trancend as both these manufacturers supply true SD cards in the 4GB capacity whereas all others to my knowledge are SDHC.
A One XL can only read SD cards so you are very limited in choice of supplier if you want the extra storage for the larger map.
Another option is to use two 2GB SD cards, on one put the UK along with the Western part of Europe, on the other put the Central part of Europe and simply swap cards during the trip - This is probably the cheaper option as Home will let you download all the different sectors of the latest European map.

Remember with a One XL ALL the files and folders for the device as well as the map need to be on the memory card or the device won't work - Mike

Hi again Mike and thankyou for your help, I think I'm confused!! (not hard) my One XL live has'nt got a memory card or slot like my 720 which is why I'm trying to sort out my 720! My 720 originally came with a 2GB card plus the internal 2GB (nominal) which was'nt a problem, I then got the One XL as a gift and was very pleased with it untill the latest map upgrade, which would'nt fit on it, so, back to the 720 and a bigger card (a sandisk 4GB sdhc) would a standard 4GB card be a better option as you suggested ?
I tried to reformatt the 4GB card last night without success so I'm coming down to the conclusion that the card is at fault so I'm going to get another one this morning(Sunday) and re-try your original solution, whichever way it goes I'll let you know how it turns out.
Once again, thanks, Les

I rather stupidly made the assumption your One XL Live had an SD card slot so lets forget that idea!

Best option is to get the 720 working fully, you need a 4GB SDHC card which is using FAT32 for the format, this is plenty large enough for the full Western Europe map without any silly zonal breakdowns - Mike

Thanks Mike, all sorted now, the new SDHC card worked a treat! everything is sorted and I've got my custom poi's back, all forums should operate like this, quick , helpful and professional, thanks again!!
Les

Thanks dhn, all sorted now, the new SDHC card worked a treat! everything is sorted and I've got my custom poi's back, all forums should operate like this, quick , helpful and professional, thanks again!!
Les

Ask a Question