Garmin color scheme request(please don't flame me)

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I have a 920, but I still like the look of the Garmins. Anyone have a reasonable facsimile of the standard Garmin day screen?

Saw 1 post by haysdb about a Garmin scheme, but it does not have the download attached.

Last edited:
Garmin-like colors

I too like the colors on my C320. Here is what I use on my XL. This was a quick attempt, I may update it someday.

Attachments

• garmin_day.zip
    998 bytes · Views: 1,916
  • garmin_night.zip
    1,008 bytes · Views: 1,481
Noob here....:p

Is it possible to change the color of the routing arrow from green to maybe a white with a thicker black outline?

Noob here....:p

Is it possible to change the color of the routing arrow from green to maybe a white with a thicker black outline?

I was bored so I just tried to mimic Garmin's theme myself.... :p

Let me know if it needs tweaking.

Attachments

• Garmin-Day_oncyte.zip
    1 KB · Views: 905
Can someone help me with instructions on how to install the color scheme from the Garmin Day ZIP file (garmin_day.clr) ?

I tried placing the file on my PC in the TomTom Home color scheme folder, but Home didn't recognize it.

I have a One XL 330-S.

Can someone help me with instructions on how to install the color scheme from the Garmin Day ZIP file (garmin_day.clr) ?

I tried placing the file on my PC in the TomTom Home color scheme folder, but Home didn't recognize it.

I have a One XL 330-S.

connect tomtotm to your pc ( not ) using HOME.

now using explorer....click on " my computer "....and click on your tomtom drive.

once your tomtom is in view....open the folder " schemes " put the unzipped file into the folder....close up everything and remove from computer.

now you should be able to change the scheme using the tomtom menu.

PSJ aka Marc

Some spammer just posted to this thread (to which I'm subscribed) and brought it back from the dead:D

I'm the OP. I later found a scheme that I really like. It's named "PaulUK". It has a good deal of the Garmin colors with what I consider some improvements.

You can find it and the Color Scheme Editor here:
http://www.colorschemeeditor.com/index.php?p=schemes2&lang=EN

The PaulUK scheme is the 10th one down from the top. It looks much more colorful on the website, but in use, around where I live, it reminds me of the Garmin scheme. I guess I live in a boring place which is not very colorful :)

Last edited:
Here is a Garmin like color day and night color scheme with tweaks to the local major roads to make them orange, white/yellow turn arrows, and green destination banners where they work.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Garmin Like Colors_2.0.5.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 610

Ask a Question