Faulty Bluetooth Voice Receiver

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Rider & XL 350
I haven't seen anything on this issue, so I'll share my problem here.

I took delivery on the TTR V1 recently, and I can't seem to get the voice receiver to work correctly. First, I should say that I've updated the software on TT HOME, and charged both units well.

When I test the unit on the bike, sometimes the volume would unexpectedly jump to a much lower setting, and the volume buttons on the voice receiver seemed to have no effect. Other times I would be all set up to start a route and I would then get the message on the screen that there was no voice connection. This would happen even though I had just set up the unit and turned on the voice. Voice would appear to be on at first, and then a few seconds later I'd see the no voice message. This would happen two or three times in a row.

I've contacted support, and we're working on a resolution. But I suspect I'll have to send it in.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Cheers.

aerotech

Sounds like a bad unit - I haven't heard of that problem before. V2 is such a better unit and TT has been good about upgrading - I would try and get them to give you the new unit.

That's a really good suggestion, lodo. I didn't think they would upgrade the headset, but maybe they would, you think?

Cheers,

aerotech

Ask a Question