Error Message 'X through SD card'

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hi Guys, On switching on, I get the image of the One with the card coming out and then an 'X' appears over it.

When I plug the One into the USB I can see the files on the computer, that are on the card. Maps of Australia

I have another card with maps of England that will load normally but does not work because I am in Australia.

Any Ideas on how I can fix this

Have you tried resetting the unit? (I'm not sure whether your model has a dedicated reset hole or whether you have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds).

If that doesn't help......

Can connect the unit to the computer and if it is recognized as an external storage by Windows with the card installed, then make an Exoplorer backup, not Home. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the card (NO folders or their contents).

Next, with the card inserted in the unit, connect to Home. You should be offered an application. Download and install it. Then disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Power off. Power on. Does it load properly now?

Ask a Question