Does TomTom really not care about customers?

Hello,

I tried to purchase the map update plane through the piece of crap that is Home. It said I had to update my map (I had 835) to 840 so that would be 9.95 euros and then 38 euros (or something like that) for the subscription. I chose paypal, I should have guessed something was up because only 9.95 showed up as the total for Paypal. I completed the transaction, disconnected my device, reconnected it, updated maps said "835 North America 2GB" so I updated it even though my device already had 835 (but not 2GB). That worked. After that, no more updates.

Opened a question on the TomTom website 8 days ago (February 1) and since then no response, nothing. I updated it on the 5th asking them if they enjoyed stealing peoples money, and today since I have heard nothing from them sent them this update:

"Any answer would be fantastic, even a "we don't care we are keeping your money" or "tough luck" or "we don't care", anything really. But not a peep, I don't think I have ever seen this from a corporation, such a lack of regard for customers. You can be sure I won't be recommending any of your products to my friends, and will never be buying one of your products again. I still would like the map update I paid for..."

I really don't have the time to waste on the telephone, if a company offers online support they should at least answer customers questions or give an update.

Is this the norm for questions asked on their websites?

Really frustrated right now.

I have always had pretty decent service when phoning. Email support often is very generic and mostly uselss.

Take the time to call.

cheers!

ps: putting your device/map and your location in your sig line is always a good idea.

Hello,

I tried to purchase the map update plane through the piece of crap that is Home. It said I had to update my map (I had 835) to 840 so that would be 9.95 euros and then 38 euros (or something like that) for the subscription. I chose paypal, I should have guessed something was up because only 9.95 showed up as the total for Paypal. I completed the transaction, disconnected my device, reconnected it, updated maps said "835 North America 2GB" so I updated it even though my device already had 835 (but not 2GB). That worked. After that, no more updates.

Opened a question on the TomTom website 8 days ago (February 1) and since then no response, nothing. I updated it on the 5th asking them if they enjoyed stealing peoples money, and today since I have heard nothing from them sent them this update:

"Any answer would be fantastic, even a "we don't care we are keeping your money" or "tough luck" or "we don't care", anything really. But not a peep, I don't think I have ever seen this from a corporation, such a lack of regard for customers. You can be sure I won't be recommending any of your products to my friends, and will never be buying one of your products again. I still would like the map update I paid for..."

I really don't have the time to waste on the telephone, if a company offers online support they should at least answer customers questions or give an update.

Is this the norm for questions asked on their websites?

Really frustrated right now.

I also had good luck with support. The best way to get an answer right away is by telephone 1800-4tomtom If everything is correct I am sure they will add the link to tomtom home.

No response from "support"

I, too have had remarkably poor service from the email "support" function. Thirteen days ago I sent a question that could easily have been answered with a "Yes" or "No" but the only response I have had is, basically, "We're too busy to answer." It would be better for them to not offer email support than to ignore a request. After all, Support is the public face of the company and this lack of a response makes me question the rest of the company. Why don't I telephone? Because it is very inconvenient for me to do so.

Certainly this is the last TomTom product I will buy, but somehow I don't believe they care.

i agree phone calls they usually get things done .email is not face to face .phone is actual employee which should care about fixing your problem .the few times i 've called i have been satisfied with the results.

+1 for the phone call. Granted, it's been quite some time since I bothered with the email approach, but the ones I sent all seemed to disappear into a black hole at TomTom. Conversely, a phone call produced quick results.

I don't know what their malfunction is with email, but the phone works and we've all just grown accustomed to doing business that way. As much as I like the keyboard approach for some things, it's often faster and more efficient to communicate by voice anyway.

Ask a Question