Deleted Voices by mistake

I was upgrading my tom tom go 300 when it said i didn't have enough space on the sd card. I stupidly deleted all the voices! Now i can't get the voices back and it wont connect to tom tom home niether. Can anyone help?? Whats even more annoying is the icon in the tray says navigation device connected but above it on the tom tom home page it says not connected!

Last edited:
Try a reset on your unit and reconnect again to Home. Does it show you logged in now?

Did you shut down Home,(and make sure the Home icon is not still showing in the notification area) then do a reset, then restart the unit, connect to the computer and then restart Home .... in that sequence??

tried that snd still no luck. its showing in my computer and still showing in the tray but not on tom tom home. i've even re-installed tom tom home as well. is there anything else i could try or should i just give up?

Use winrar to extract the contents of this file onto a blank SD card (2GB or smaller).

Then insert the card into the Tomtom, turn it on until it says "no maps found", turn off the Tomtom, and put back your original Tomtom SD card.

Now try turning on the Tomtom and plugging into HOME.

The process above permanently updates your USB drivers (within the bootloader) and should make the Tomtom readable to the new HOME software.

Ask a Question