correct distance to home

hi all
new to the forum and tt. i have a xl 350 tm, and everything is fine except i cannot enter my home location so it is accurate. no matter how i word it or how i program it, when we return home, we are always off by approx 1.5 miles. everything else is very accurate. but not home. can someone please tell me what i may be doing wrong? thanks in advance
rc

Welcome to TTF.

You are probably doing nothing wrong at all. Inaccuracy is due to faluty map data. (my home is always shown 8 houses away from accurate, map after map).

That said, many feel it prudent NOT to show their true Home location in case the unit is lost or stolen. Often, the 'Home' location is specifically placed a block or so from true. Close enough to making a Navigate to's Starting position reasonably close but far enough away so some potential thief has a much more tedious task trying to find your house! :D

thanks dhn. good info. i appreciate the fast reply and your point is well taken. thanks again
rc

I'm sorry, I can see why someone might accept theirr home location being a few houses wrong (if you entered your home location by address), but 1.5 miles???!!!

I'm presuming you entered your home location by postal address?
Did you realise you can set it to exactly where you want it to be by marking the point on the map instead?

On my Go940, "Change home location" is on page 3 of Change Preferences, tap on that and then select "point on map". You should then be able to select the EXACT location you want with the blue cursor and tap "Done" to confirm it.

Ask a Question