Car symbol Via 1530TM

Greetings, my first post here.

After using my DUAL GPS for the last 5 years I got tired of the sometimes 20 minute wait for it to register the satellites. Tried a Garmin 1490 and it was far better but seeing the advertisements coming across my GPS screen ticked me off so I returned it and bought a TomTom Via 1530.

So far there's a lot to love about this GPS but it looks like it's going to be more difficult to load 3rd party aps like voices and car symbols. The DUAL used a SD card and it was easy to put voices on it but the Via 1530TM seems to require I use the mytomtom ap to do so by taking me to the tomtom webpage and letting their software do the work, it doesn't seem to be particularly intuitive.

So, is there a supply of community voices for this GPS which might include a UK voice among others? Also, I'd like to have the car symbol replaced with a motorcycle, is this .bmp available? And lastly, how do I best get that inside the Via 1530?

Thanks much!

When you connect your unit to the computer with the required MyTT app installed, an additional menu item called 'Add Community Content' appears on the desktop icon. It is that which you need to select.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I had found that page but other than an option to copy community points of interest to the computer, all the categories say "There are currently no community content items in this category on your device.".

I can't seem to find a source of available voices or .bmp vehicles to choose from. I'm new at this and don't know where to look to find them, I thought there would be an active community in mytomtom but if so, I haven't found it.

This forum is nicely active but I don't find much with a search for the Via 1530 or 1535. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks!

My Tomtom is lacking in functionality that Home 2 users are accustomed to.

One is a source of files for car logos. Another is voices.

As you've found out.

You have to find such files yourself and copy them to your computer. Then you can add them to your unit.

Yes, the old TomTom program "Home" did include a large library of voices, icons etc.

But unfortunately your Via doesn't use it, only MyTomTom.

However, there are some other websites with voices on, such as
Celebrity TomTom voices for TomTom GO Classic 300 500 700 510 710 910 ONE Rider TomTom Navigator 4 5 6
TomTom Voices
Download free tomtom voices

As for motorbike icons, there's a forum section on here where people post their vehicle icons and where you can request new ones

Car Icons

and another one on the PGPSWorld forum
TomTom Custom Cursors

there's bound to be some there.

But it's strange that the new TomToms don't have any bike symbols pre-loaded though... My old Go720 has several!

Last edited:
Thanks... I actually went to that site and I used their icons as a template to make one of my own 2003 Ford Expedition from my own photograph and it worked great... If anyone need a particular car done, I'll see if I can make a couple... I'll post my Expedition tomorrow when I get back to my computer

Next is my 68 mini..... Lol

Thanks for the help/info

Yes, I think he meant that one, but this was while Ian was tweaking the locations of everything here - so no surprise that it was out of commission briefly.

I made my white 2003 ford expedition

Came out pretty good I think... Next is my 1968 mini

c1444892.jpg

Pretty nice job there :clap2: Feel like doing the arse end of a 2007~2009 Hyundai Santa Fe?

You're going the wrong way!
Oh, and I think you need some more air in your back right tyre...:)

Pretty nice job there :clap2: Feel like doing the arse end of a 2007~2009 Hyundai Santa Fe?

I'll see what I can do for you...

any particular color?

Here's a white one to start

Attachments

• 2009 Sante fe White.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Actually, I think that's silver, which is exactly what I wanted! Will stick it on my 740 and see how it looks. Many thanks.

Actually, I think that's silver, which is exactly what I wanted! Will stick it on my 740 and see how it looks. Many thanks.

No problem... this is getting fun... I made an X-wing, and tie fighter, both with drop shadow, a 1968 Mini (close to mine as I haven't taken a rear photo of mine yet)

I'm just having issues with red 'halos' around my items... no matter how 'clean' they look in photoshop

Attachments

• X_Wing.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 753
  • Tie_Fighter.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 514
  • Classic_Mini2.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 519

Ask a Question