Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

Carrrier: Sprint

Phone: Samsung Upstage

GPS Device: TT 720

Functions working:

- Hands free
- Address book imported
- Messaging

Not subscribed to data services, but the ability appears to be there.

* TomTom ONE New Edition
* AT&T
* Unlimited data plan
* AT&T Tilt PDA phone running WM6.0 (made by HTC and called the "Kaiser")
* Everything the TTOne supports - TomTom Plus services, including Traffic all working 100%
* Handsfree = NO (TT1 limitation)
* Phonebook transfer = NO (TT1 limitation)
* SMS messaging = NO (TT1 limitation)
* Data transfer = Yes. Weather and traffic and Plus Services working

No mods required for anything. Simply select the 2nd CINGULAR network (not AT&T) and after pairing the BT connection and entering the default BT password "0000" it will configure and work correctly.

TomTom tested: Go 920T
Carrier: Nextel
Data Plan: Nextel Data Ultimate Pack
Phone: Motorola i580

What works:
  • Hands Free
  • Data Transfer (tested with weather service and TomTom Traffic)
What doesn't work:
  • Get numbers from phone (I don't think ANY iDEN phone supports this)
  • Read/Write messages (all icons on TomTom are grayed, incoming messages appear on phone only)

What did I do to make it work:
  • Select phone model "Other" (button at bottom of screen)
  • Select your country: (I can't help you with that one)
  • Select carrier "Other" (again, button at bottom of screen)
  • Select "Yes" for manual setup
  • Access Point: "blank" (just press OK)
  • Username: "blank"
  • Password: "blank"
  • IP Address: "Automatic" (dhcp. Optional Nextel service for static IP not tested)
  • DNS: "Automatic" (again, static address service not tested)
  • Dial: "s=2"
  • Login Script: "blank"
These settings should work for all Nextel iDEN phones, and are likely to work with iDEN phones on other carriers too. Hybrid (iDEN/CDMA) phones - probably not.

Note: I've had trouble with the phone not reconnecting for hands-free use after a data connection.

Last edited:
T-Mobile BlackBerry Pearl 8100 works with Plus Services

* TomTom GO 720 v7.481
* Provider: T-Mobile
* What data plan: BlackBerry Unlimited (However, might be Total Internet at the moment, see below)
* Phone: BlackBerry Pearl (was 8100) now 8120 (see below)

* Handsfree: Yes
* Phonebook transfer: Yes
* SMS messaging: No
* Data transfer: Yes

It wasn't easy, spent 8-9 hours getting it working, success occurred at 03:30 CDT. I tried 5 different phones from T-Mobile over the last few days. A T-Mobile Shadow at home - no data transfer, a Nokia 3555 at home - no data transfer, a Nokia 6133 in the store, - no data transfer, a Nokia 5300 in the store - no data transfer, and a Motorola KRZR K1 in the store - no data transfer, and finally the Blackberry Pearl 8100 in the store - no data transfer. But I took it home anyway figuring this was my best bet. And all these phones didn't work because I was in the store in the mall, T-Mobile has a repeater in the store and you get all bars.

But then when I couldn't get it working at first I looked at TomTom's web site that said the BlackBerry 8100 did not support Plus Services and my hopes were dashed. But I never give up that easy. Especially after phones TomTom said would work, didn't.

I spent hours Googling the web and trying every configuration I found anywhere. Then I finally stumbled on the thread that said the only BlackBerry OS version that would work was 4.2.1.66 and I had 4.2.1.107. I was very skeptical of this but I had nothing left to try so I tired it. Bingo. That did it.

You can still get the 4.2.1.66 version here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1D72310EDC006DADF2190CAAD5802983
from Italy downloads but don't worry, it's Multilanguage. The Package Version is 4.2.1.102.

Install BlackBerry's Desktop Manager, I used version 4.3. Then remove the .bin (dot bin) from the 4.2.1.66 version you downloaded and run it letting it install itself. Then goto /Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader on the disk you installed the Desktop Manager on and rename vendor.xml to vendor.xml-save. If you don't do this the Desktop Manager will not offer to install the the 4.2.1.66 Italy version. (Unless probably you have an Italian provider.)

Then, you still have to do a manual setup of the phone in the TomTom setup.

1. Let the TomTom find the BlackBerry and Confirm connection to it.
2. Set it up as a trusted device on the BlackBerry.
3. Use TomTom services --> Yes
4. Country: United States
5. Select your Provider --> Other
6. Do you want to set up wireless data connection manually --> Yes
Access Point Name --> wap.voicestream.com
Username: <leave blank>
Password: <leave blank>
Obtain IP --> Automatic
Obtain DNS --> Automatic
Dial --> *99#
Login script --> at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
7. OK and it should connect!

Note: Attempting to use internet1.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, or internet3.voicestream.com as the TomTom attempts to do if you pick T-Mobile (I) thru (IV) did not work.

Since the first phone I tried was the T-Mobile Shadow I signed up for the Total Internet Plan, now that I have the BlackBerry I changed that to the BlackBerry Unlimited Plan but T-Mobile says it takes 2 to 48 hours to provision that so if this still works on Tuesday I'm good to go.

Updated 13-apr-2008 14:07 CDT: Phonebook transfer works.

Updated 14-apr-2008 15:15 CDT: My worst fears have been realized, Plus Services no longer work from the TomTom. Tried in vain to reconfigure the TomTom and get them working to no avail. But, the problem may be due to one of two things. The switch from T-Mobile's Total Internet Plan to their BlackBerry Internet Plan may be the culprit, or porting my Verizon phone number to T-Mobile yesterday may be the culprit. After 3 hours on the phone with T-Mobile, then RIM, then T-Mobile again (ran the battery out on one cordless phone), T-Mobile determined that my data provisioning is not complete. When I try to set up Internet Email or access T-Zones on the Blackberry both fail with an "Unable to access the wap.voicestream.com gateway" message. So, I need to wait the 48 hours that T-Mobile says it sometimes takes, which will be until 18:00 tomorrow. This makes sense because the TomTom wants to use wap.voicestream.com and it too is probably unable to access it. So, once the Internet Email setup and T-Zones work I will see if the TomTom then works again. If not, I'll revert back to T-Mobile's Total Internet plan and see if that then works. I'll sacrifice BlackBerry's Email for TomTom's Plus Services if it comes down to that.

Updated 26-apr-2008 16:10 CDT: On the morning of the 15th I went to the T-Mobile store and swapped out my 8100 for the new 8120, I wanted WiFi and Stereo Bluetooth for my wireless Bluetooth headphones. I figured I had nothing to lose TomTom wise, the 8100 no longer worked with the TomTom and the BlackBerry Internet package, so maybe the 8120 would. It didn't. But the 8120 has the 4.3 OS which was reported to work by a Beta user. Since then, after contacting management at RIM regarding not being able to use BB's with TomTom devices successfully, I am now in contact with a Product Director at RIM who is attempting to get this working, because he says if it's DUN it should. They are trying to get a dialog with TomTom regarding this whole thing. So we'll see, just maybe this will get resolved and will work someday.

Updated 08-apr-2008 14:00 CDT: IT WORKS!!! The trick to getting this working was to do a Factory Reset on the GO 720. Bingo. It worked. You still have to use wap.voicestream.com instead of internet2.voicestream.com (or any other number). So you can pick T-Mobile (I) and let it fail then choose to do a Manual setup changing the APN to wap.voicestream.com and accepting the default for the rest, or you can do a manual config from the get go and enter the APN, number to dial, and the connection string a.k.a. the Login Script on the TomTom.

And another thing, on the 8120 under Settings --> Advanced --> TCP the APN: value should be blank.

See https://www.tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=59970&postcount=121 for more info.

Last edited:
GO 720
Cellular South - Unlimited Nationwide Plan
Blackberry 8830 World Edition
Phone, Address Book all works great
Can not configure wireless carrier to in order to send/receive data

* TomTom GO 720
* What data plan: N/A
* Phone: T-Mobile Wing (HTC Herald)

* Data transfer: Don't know...

**This phone worked perfect for about 3-months. Then, I think after an update, it stopped working correctly. Every time I turn the TomTom on it "connects" then says "No answer from phone." I don't know why, and can't get it to stop doing that. I have to delete and repair every time!!! The settings on my phone have not changed

HELP!!

TomTom tested: Go 510
Wireless carrier:Verizon Wireless
Phone manufacture and model number: Samsung SCH-U900
Which features work
None

It stops @ 20% and then fails connection. It gives me the option to retry and if you choose NO, it tells you that it found a data connection but it does not work when I tried it.

Traffic works great... if i dont want to talk on the phone.

* TomTom GO 920
* What data plan: unlimited data VPN *aka internet3.voicestream.com*
* Phone: Nokia E61

* Handsfree: Yes - but not well enough to use
* SMS messaging: No - not supported
* Data transfer: yes traffic and weather working

Now I have another problem however, it seems that my phone ( ill assume its the old phone) can only bond with once device at a time so i'm stuck having to chose between my traffic and unreliable hands free ... or my trusty plantronics. Even with the hands free disabled in the TT it still keeps a persistant hands association with the phone (headphone icon) . Ultimately it would be nice if the TT showed caller ID and handed it off to a proper BT headset. I'd wonder if the TT would support PAN profiles, but it doesnt seem to support snazzy BT 2.0 headsets.

any suggestions short of replacing the phone (im waiting for 1700MHZ)

Thanks

-Fish

Sorry if this is not the right forum for this question, but I've been struggling to access traffic update on Tomtom One XL-S with my Motorola Q global (Moto q9h) on ATT.
I've tried the 3 different networks: ATT, 1st Cingular, and 2nd Cingular. I can pair the phone to the GPS but the setup stops at 65% and I get an "unable to set up wireless data connection".
Any idea?

Cingular Blackberry Pearl 8100

I know there have been some posts about this working and not working. I wanted to post that so far with the new upcomming 4.5 Blackberry OS update that the TomTom GO 930 (which wouldn't synch up on 4.2.0.66) synched up on the first try and works perfectly. It worked with the default settings for "Cingular" and didn't have to specify any settings.

Sorry if this is not the right forum for this question, but I've been struggling to access traffic update on Tomtom One XL-S with my Motorola Q global (Moto q9h) on ATT.
I've tried the 3 different networks: ATT, 1st Cingular, and 2nd Cingular. I can pair the phone to the GPS but the setup stops at 65% and I get an "unable to set up wireless data connection".
Any idea?

You paid for the TomTom Plus services, correct?

* TomTom GO 720 v7.481
* What data plan: BlackBerry Unlimited (However, might be Total Internet at the moment, see below)
* Phone: BlackBerry Pearl (was 8100) now 8120 (see below)

* Data transfer: Yes

It wasn't easy, spent 8-9 hours getting it working, success occurred at 03:30 CDT. I tried 5 different phones from T-Mobile over the last few days. A T-Mobile Shadow at home - no data transfer, a Nokia 3555 at home - no data transfer, a Nokia 6133 in the store, - no data transfer, a Nokia 5300 in the store - no data transfer, and a Motorola KRZR K1 in the store - no data transfer, and finally the Blackberry Pearl 8100 in the store - no data transfer. But I took it home anyway figuring this was my best bet. And all these phones didn't work because I was in the store in the mall, T-Mobile has a repeater in the store and you get all bars.

But then when I couldn't get it working at first I looked at TomTom's web site that said the BlackBerry 8100 did not support Plus Services and my hopes were dashed. But I never give up that easy. Especially after phones TomTom said would work, didn't.

I spent hours Googling the web and trying every configuration I found anywhere. Then I finally stumbled on the thread that said the only BlackBerry OS version that would work was 4.2.1.66 and I had 4.2.1.107. I was very skeptical of this but I had nothing left to try so I tired it. Bingo. That did it.

You can still get the 4.2.1.66 version here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1D72310EDC006DADF2190CAAD5802983
from Italy downloads but don't worry, it's Multilanguage. The Package Version is 4.2.1.102.

Install BlackBerry's Desktop Manager, I used version 4.3. Then remove the .bin (dot bin) from the 4.2.1.66 version you downloaded and run it letting it install itself. Then goto /Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader on the disk you installed the Desktop Manager on and rename vendor.xml to vendor.xml-save. If you don't do this the Desktop Manager will not offer to install the the 4.2.1.66 Italy version. (Unless probably you have an Italian provider.)

Then, you still have to do a manual setup of the phone in the TomTom setup.

1. Let the TomTom find the BlackBerry and Confirm connection to it.
2. Set it up as a trusted device on the BlackBerry.
3. Use TomTom services --> Yes
4. Country: United States
5. Select your Provider --> Other
6. Do you want to set up wireless data connection manually --> Yes
Access Point Name --> wap.voicestream.com
Username: <leave blank>
Password: <leave blank>
Obtain IP --> Automatic
Obtain DNS --> Automatic
Dial --> *99#
Login script --> at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
7. OK and it should connect!

Note: Attempting to use internet1.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, or internet3.voicestream.com as the TomTom attempts to do if you pick T-Mobile (I) thru (IV) did not work.

Since the first phone I tried was the T-Mobile Shadow I signed up for the Total Internet Plan, now that I have the BlackBerry I changed that to the BlackBerry Unlimited Plan but T-Mobile says it takes 2 to 48 hours to provision that so if this still works on Tuesday I'm good to go.

Updated 13-apr-2008 14:07 CDT: Phonebook transfer works.

Updated 14-apr-2008 15:15 CDT: My worst fears have been realized, Plus Services no longer work from the TomTom. Tried in vain to reconfigure the TomTom and get them working to no avail. But, the problem may be due to one of two things. The switch from T-Mobile's Total Internet Plan to their BlackBerry Internet Plan may be the culprit, or porting my Verizon phone number to T-Mobile yesterday may be the culprit. After 3 hours on the phone with T-Mobile, then RIM, then T-Mobile again (ran the battery out on one cordless phone), T-Mobile determined that my data provisioning is not complete. When I try to set up Internet Email or access T-Zones on the Blackberry both fail with an "Unable to access the wap.voicestream.com gateway" message. So, I need to wait the 48 hours that T-Mobile says it sometimes takes, which will be until 18:00 tomorrow. This makes sense because the TomTom wants to use wap.voicestream.com and it too is probably unable to access it. So, once the Internet Email setup and T-Zones work I will see if the TomTom then works again. If not, I'll revert back to T-Mobile's Total Internet plan and see if that then works. I'll sacrifice BlackBerry's Email for TomTom's Plus Services if it comes down to that.

Updated 26-apr-2008 16:10 CDT: On the morning of the 15th I went to the T-Mobile store and swapped out my 8100 for the new 8120, I wanted WiFi and Stereo Bluetooth for my wireless Bluetooth headphones. I figured I had nothing to lose TomTom wise, the 8100 no longer worked with the TomTom and the BlackBerry Internet package, so maybe the 8120 would. It didn't. But the 8120 has the 4.3 OS which was reported to work by a Beta user. Since then, after contacting management at RIM regarding not being able to use BB's with TomTom devices successfully, I am now in contact with a Product Director at RIM who is attempting to get this working, because he says if it's DUN it should. They are trying to get a dialog with TomTom regarding this whole thing. So we'll see, just maybe this will get resolved and will work someday.

You were right above - it will not work with Blackberry plan - only the unteathered T-Mobil internet plan. I am trying a 8120, and it paired from the normal TomTom setup menu - did not have to do it manually. Did not have to mess with different application versions either - worked OK out of the box.

I have also paired a Nokia 6133 and Razr v3 through the same menu without having to do anything manually. All work OK with the unlimited plan.

Good luck with the Blackberry folks. My instincts are that this is not a big enough issue for them to spend development dollars on. Depending on how much you need to use the Blackberry services, you could consider going back to the T-Mobile unlimited plan and only use the Blackberry email (9.99) plan for email if you absolutely have to have their complete email service. Otherwise, you can check for new emails (still on your server) through T-Mobiles email service through T-Zones.

Good luck with the Blackberry folks. My instincts are that this is not a big enough issue for them to spend development dollars on. Depending on how much you need to use the Blackberry services, you could consider going back to the T-Mobile unlimited plan and only use the Blackberry email (9.99) plan for email if you absolutely have to have their complete email service. Otherwise, you can check for new emails (still on your server) through T-Mobiles email service through T-Zones.

Actually things are going quite well with the people at RIM and TomTom. By mailing the CEO's, COO's, etc. at both companies I got their attention. Both companies handed off the issue to people within their company that can address this issue and each of those people, one from RIM and one from TomTom contacted me and said they were going to look into the issue. Took two emails to the TomTom Directors though. And both are working the issue, and they're keeping me updated pretty much once a week. The RIM person even engaged their inside T-Mobile Representative early on.

Within the first week the RIM person stated they were going to work the issue and reach out to TomTom if necessary. I passed that on to the TomTom person early on along with the contact information for the RIM person. This morning I received an email from the TomTom person that they were indeed going to now contact the RIM person. So I made sure the RIM person was/is aware of that and hopefully will confirm it.

It's nice to see both of these companies wanting to resolve this. I'm impressed with RIM that they reacted quickly. I not as impress with TomTom because I was using TomTom support for the last few years trying to get this resolved and you can see it went nowhere. That's the problem with most companies Support Infrastructure, they really can't/don't help. It took going to the top of the company to bring the issue to their attention and for them to really do something about it.

They both could have ignored my messages and blown me off, but they didn't, and it's really in their best interests to get this working. If word spreads that 8120's via T-Mobile work with TomTom's Plus Services, RIM may sell more 8120's, T-Mobile may gain customers, and TomTom may get more Plus Services subscribers in the States.

Last edited:
Any luck with your 8120 yet? I have set mine up on blackberry service, so it of course no longer works - it will not even see the device anymore (it worked Ok on T-Mobile internet service).

It also will not connect as a modem, which it did on T-Mobile. I am going to give it another day or two to be sure the Blackberry data service is fully functional (although it gets T-Zones and other internet sites).

I have a Nokia 6133 that does both Ok, but would like to get the 8120 working on Blackberry plan.

Any luck with your 8120 yet? I have set mine up on blackberry service, so it of course no longer works - it will not even see the device anymore (it worked Ok on T-Mobile internet service).

It also will not connect as a modem, which it did on T-Mobile. I am going to give it another day or two to be sure the Blackberry data service is fully functional (although it gets T-Zones and other internet sites).

I have a Nokia 6133 that does both Ok, but would like to get the 8120 working on Blackberry plan.

Blankman - all is working on the Blackberry service right now. I deleted the old 8120 device (it was set up for t-mobile service), and went through the "Find other Phone" process again. I initially selected T-Mobile I, but it did not connect. Then it offered to set connections manually, and Id the steps in your list after item 6 connect manually. It is now connected and traffice, etc. works fine.

I had loaded Google mobile maps with T-Mobile Internet, and it would not work. With Blackberry unlimited, it does. And for about $55, I am thinking about getting a GPS Bluetooth receiver. It would then be a handy carry around GPS (would not drive with it - too small). I would like to try Navigator,
but all indications on the forums ae that It will not work on the Pearls.

Give it a try again - at least you know it works.

Note - one more thing. I initially was not able to use the Blackberry as a modem with the Blackberry unlimited plan (it works OK with T-Mobile plan and also TomTom Plus services). It would not connect to their server, and this may be a reason it could not get set up with the TomTom also. Check to see if it will connect to your computer by setting up a dialup connection. If it works OK, then you should be able to set up the 8120 for Plus Services also.

If not, get it working first, as it will not connect with any data services with the server if it doesn't T-Mobil support will work with you on getting the modem connection working, but may not work with you on the TomTom side.

I spent some time with 3rd level T-Mobile Blackberry wireless people on re-setting up the device as a modem, and we had to fiddle with modem settings and them reset the 8120 (remove battery when it is on) to get it to work.

Had to set up new connection with as a "standard" modem" after first deleting the connection that had been set up and worked with T-Mobile internet.
then:
1. On the configure modem setting, all hardware features are to be unchecked
2. On the options menu, under the PPP settings, only enable LCP and software compression.

The advanced tab on modem properties then has to have the logon script info input the same as your logon to the device script below.

I am running Vista Home Premium, and the properties tabs were different then the tech thought (they match Vista ultimate however). If you are using XP, and/or if you cannot get it going - contact T-Moble support/blackberry/wireless group - they should be able to help - but be persistent, as the first level three person I tried it with did not have me do the tweaks above, and I gave up last night and tried again this morning.

The bottom line is that it works now with the Blackberry unlimited program - so you should be able to get it to work - goo luck, and thanks for your info on your earlier post with the device settings - big help.

GAW: Yes my laptop running Vista is able to connect. I to had to call T-Mo support when I first set it up to get it working because Vista added two garbage characters to the beginning of the at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" connection string in its setup. Once those were removed my laptop connected.

My contact at RIM has now engaged another person at RIM who actually got a 8120 to work using the BlackBerry 8100 setting on the TomTom with T-Mobile I. But when I mention that T-Mobile I uses internet2.voicestream.com and not wap.voicestream.com he tried it with a different T-Mo sim card and that time he could not get it to work.

Just so I understand correctly because you kind of bounced around, you got Plus Services working on a 8120 with T-Mo's BlackBerry Internet Plan (the $19.95 one) using wap.voicestream.com? Is that the plan you refer to as BlackBerry unlimited?

I'm going to try some things tonight. First verify that my laptop still connects. Then change the wap.voicestream.com in Vista to internet2.voicesteam.com and see if the laptop can still connect. My guess is no because I was told by T-Mo's tech support that I cannot use internet2.voicesteam.com with the BlackBerry Internet Plan I have to use wap.voicestream.com.

And therein is where I think the problem lies. When the person at RIM got it working he used T-Mobile I which uses internet2.voicestream.com so I think he used a sim card that was provisioned for T-Mo's Total Internet Plan (also $19.95) which is allowed to use internet2.voicestream.com. Then when he switched to a different sim card that one *was* provisioned for T-Mo's BlackBerry Internet Plan which is not allowed to access internet2.voicestream.com and that is why it then failed for him.

I'm also going to see if I can get my laptop to connect when it's running Linux. Once I have it working I want to try using both internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com and if they don't work I can do traceroutes or packet capturing (I hope) and see where/why it is failing.

GAW: Yes my laptop running Vista is able to connect. I to had to call T-Mo support when I first set it up to get it working because Vista added two garbage characters to the beginning of the at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" connection string in its setup. Once those were removed my laptop connected.

My contact at RIM has now engaged another person at RIM who actually got a 8120 to work using the BlackBerry 8100 setting on the TomTom with T-Mobile I. But when I mention that T-Mobile I uses internet2.voicestream.com and not wap.voicestream.com he tried it with a different T-Mo sim card and that time he could not get it to work.

Just so I understand correctly because you kind of bounced around, you got Plus Services working on a 8120 with T-Mo's BlackBerry Internet Plan (the $19.95 one) using wap.voicestream.com? Is that the plan you refer to as BlackBerry unlimited?

I'm going to try some things tonight. First verify that my laptop still connects. Then change the wap.voicestream.com in Vista to internet2.voicesteam.com and see if the laptop can still connect. My guess is no because I was told by T-Mo's tech support that I cannot use internet2.voicesteam.com with the BlackBerry Internet Plan I have to use wap.voicestream.com.

And therein is where I think the problem lies. When the person at RIM got it working he used T-Mobile I which uses internet2.voicestream.com so I think he used a sim card that was provisioned for T-Mo's Total Internet Plan (also $19.95) which is allowed to use internet2.voicestream.com. Then when he switched to a different sim card that one *was* provisioned for T-Mo's BlackBerry Internet Plan which is not allowed to access internet2.voicestream.com and that is why it then failed for him.

I'm also going to see if I can get my laptop to connect when it's running Linux. Once I have it working I want to try using both internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com and if they don't work I can do traceroutes or packet capturing (I hope) and see where/why it is failing.

Yes, I meant the BlackBerry Internet Plan at $19.95. I was able to connect through T-Mobile's plan with voicestream2 settings, but NOT through the Blackberry service.

It is working good now - but had to use wap.voicestream.com in the settings like you connected with to your computer - both on the computer and on the device. It definitely does not like internet2 instead of WAP.

I then deleted the 8120 off of the device menu that I had used to connect to T-Mobile, and set up a new device again.. Note - I had to separately set the Blackberry to unhide itself - I though the Set-up Bluetooth connection setting menu that allowed it to be discovered did that, but did not apparently - the TomTom could not see it at all initially

After that, I pretty much followed your manual setup example and it set up the connection including data services.

GAW: Just so I fully understand, you're using a BB 8120 and it works, but you switched to T-Mo's Total Internet Plan for $19.95 and are no longer using T-Mo's $19.95 BlackBerry Internet Plan?

If I got this right, this is what I've been saying/suspected all along.

GAW: Just so I fully understand, you're using a BB 8120 and it works, but you switched to T-Mo's Total Internet Plan for $19.95 and are no longer using T-Mo's $19.95 BlackBerry Internet Plan?

If I got this right, this is what I've been saying/suspected all along.

Sorry for the confusion - just the opposite - switched to Blackberry plan just like you did and it matched up fine with the wap.voicestream.com settings - NOT the internet2. settings. Traffic works fine along with other functions. Had to first delete all instances of the connection 9on computer and device) of the original connection that worked with the plain internet plan

I am using a GO 910, but I would not think the TT model used should be a problem but do not know for sure.

Blackberry 8830 Verizon and Tom Tom 930 Works for Data

After extensive research and trying different things, I finally got the 8830 on verizon to work with the data on Tom Tom 930. Below are the steps:

1. You must sign up for tethering.
2. You must go to Verizon Wireless and download VZmanager. Install it on a pc with the 8830 connected. You have to get the DUN software on the 8830.
3. You then must tether the phone to the VZmanager PC and dial in. This makes sure that tethering works. Disconnect and log off. Make sure your Tom Tom and the 8830 are paired via bluetooth. Go to Tom Tom Services and pick weather.
4. You then set up the Tom Tom 930
a. Access point : vzw
b. username : (e-mail address removed)
c. password : phonenumber
d. Automatic DHCP and DNS
e. No script
5. The Tom Tom completes the set up and then all data works.

The only thing that I cannot get working now is reading or displaying txt messages.

Hope this helps. Joe

Ask a Question