8.351 update broke my TomTom

TomTom Go 720. Regional North East maps. Previous version: 3.35

Just did the 8.351 update:

1) I did everything as it told me to and it automatically rebooted my Tomtom..
2) When it came back to life, instead of showing Internal memory and an SD card, my TomTom has TWO hard drives!! So I picked one and hit "OK"
3) It said an update was required. I hit "OK"
4) It then said no updates are available. So I hit "OK"
5) None of the options in the menu work anymore. "You cannot use this feature because it is not supported by your TomTom"
6) I ejected my TomTom.
7) Turned my tomtom on and off multiple times. It seems to work fine, except the computer voice isn't working.
8) Put it back on the dock and told it to connect to my computer..
9) Still not working...
10) Ejected...
11) Tried the pin reset.. TomTom went black and took a long time to turn back on..
12) Still not working!!!! (Back to Step 2)

Any ideas??
I guess the only thing left for me to do is manually copy and paste the latest backup onto my Tomtom as even the Backup/Restore says it's not supported by my device!

Last edited:
If your computer voices aren't working, use windows explorer, and delete the loquendo and the voices folder. Then go to "remove items", then "items on my computer", then delete all voices. Then try to download the voices again.

What else isn't working besides the voices?

Update broke

If you can go to home just remove the application and install it again. Same thing happened to me. The reinstall put everything like it should be.

Thanks for the help everybody..
Everything is working again!!
All of your suggestions combined did the trick..
Cleaned out the application and voices and now everything is well again!!!

Ask a Question