Application update 8.351

TomTom Model(s)
2535M Live
Just downloaded this new application. Make sure when you disconnect the first time from tom tom home and it asks you do you want to connect to computer you say yes. It needs this second connection to install this download. You should get this warning after you download the first time. As far as corrections go, I have the 920 and I see it increased the sound slightly. Now I can put the sound at 95% and get good sound in my car. Thanks tom tom. i do not see any other corrections. If any users see any other corrections please let me know.

Just installed it, now backup/restore and operate go in TT Home doesn't work. Anyone with similar problem? This thing is beginning to drive me nuts!!!!

Dan

Just installed it, now backup/restore and operate go in TT Home doesn't work. Anyone with similar problem? This thing is beginning to drive me nuts!!!!

Dan

Installed 8.351 on my GO720 Tuesday - everything works in TTHome except "Operate my GO" - program crashes with a (Vista) DEP error. Also, 8.351 wiped out all my 720 settings including Recent Places and PIN - not impressed with that! Have reported TTHome problem but got usual initial email - uninstall TTHome, remove related fies, defrag C drive and reinstall. Now awaiting next email from TT Support.

My volume experience with 8.351:

With auto-adjust volume unchecked - the volume is about 10% higher, pretty much at the same level as 8.302

With auto-adjust volume checked - no change from 8.350. The volume no longer auto-adjusts and is MUCH quieter than 8.302.

My suspicion is that, since 8.35x is a dual release for the x20/x30 and for the newer x40 models, they probably tuned the ambient noise calculation for the much better microphone in the x40.

Since the x20/x30 mic is much worse (based on ASR reliabilty) than the x40, I suspect that the software can't hear anything on x20/x30 devices, assumes the background is quiet, and auto-adjusts for what it thinks is a very silent room.

Installed 8.351 on my GO720 Tuesday - everything works in TTHome except "Operate my GO" - program crashes with a (Vista) DEP error. Also, 8.351 wiped out all my 720 settings including Recent Places and PIN - not impressed with that! Have reported TTHome problem but got usual initial email - uninstall TTHome, remove related fies, defrag C drive and reinstall. Now awaiting next email from TT Support.

can you exclude tomtom from DEP

Ask a Question