730 Bluetooth won't stay connected

Go 730
Samsung Epic

I can pair the devices and it will connect just fine. After one or two uses though, the 730 stops connecting to my Epic. It is still paired, just won't connect. I can fix it by resetting (soft reset) the 730. Then it will work fine again.

I had the same problem with the same 730 and a windows mobile HTC phone.

I've tried to search for a solution, but haven't found one. My 730 is completely up to date with applications. Is there a firmware fix I need to download somewhere to get the bluetooth to work more reliably?

The problem is that there is a bug in the application (8.351) for the 730 series that causes Bluetooth connectivety to fail after a day or a couple of days and then you have to reset, as you've found.

This app is 18 months old, TT knows about the bug, and doesn't seem as if they will ever fix it.

If you're game, there is a previous firmware version that doesn't have this problem. dhn can fill you in on what feature changes will occur.

My 720 keeps losing connection to a Sanyo Pro 200.It was extremely difficult to pair up for anything but wireless data which I dont use. So I regularly purge the whole file internal & replace with one that works BUT this takes an hour ! This there a list or way of determining which files get messed up? Alternativley I will try the reset route next time

The problem is that there is a bug in the application (8.351) for the 730 series that causes Bluetooth connectivety to fail after a day or a couple of days and then you have to reset, as you've found.

This app is 18 months old, TT knows about the bug, and doesn't seem as if they will ever fix it.
I have the same problem with my Go 730. If it is true that Tom Tom are not looking at a firmware fix, I will now be taking my 730 back to the store for a full refund. One thing for sure; Tom Tom will never see my hard earned cash again!!!!!

Ask a Question