730 Unable to Connect Bluetooth

I received a new 730 for Christmas. I am unable to connect my phone via bluetooth and am looking for suggestions. I have tried 2 different phones (HTC Touch Pro on Sprint and Blackberry Curve on AT&T). For both, I can get the phone to see the TomTom, but am unable to get the TomTom to recognize that there are mobile phones out there. I have version 8.351 on my tomtom. Thanks.

To establish a Bluetooth data connection via your phone it has to support the Bluetooth DUN profile, I know the HTC device doesn't offer this capability but if its running WM6 or WM6,1 this profile can be added.

I have added the CAB DUN profile installer to this post, all you need to do is unzip it ONCE, this will provide a single file with the extension of .CAB copy this to your HTC phone then use File Explorer on the phone to locate it and tap it once to install the file. Answer OK/ Yes to the stupid warning messages then once its finished press and hold the power off button until the device says you might loose data, press OK and switch on the phone - The re-boot is required to make sure the settings take effect.

Now delete the HTC from the TomTom and delete the TomTom from the BT pairing within the HTC, next establish a new connection and it should all work - NOTE THIS IS ONLY FOR WM6,0 AND WM6,1 - Mike

Attachments

• WM6_BT_DUN.cab.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 484
If you can't get the Tomtom to see the phones at all, then it's probably not a DUN issue (yet).

Look through the phone's manual and see how to turn on discoverable mode. The phones have to be in discoverable mode for the Tomtom to find them.

Just so you know the hands free mode on the blackberry curve (speaker & mic) are better than on the Tom Tom 730. Plus the Tom Tom one is annoying. You may be wasting your time........

Just so you know the hands free mode on the blackberry curve (speaker & mic) are better than on the Tom Tom 730. Plus the Tom Tom one is annoying. You may be wasting your time........

The big value for me of the TT handsfree is the big touchscreen with big buttons to answer and dial while driving. Plus the TT will stop talking directions while on a handsfree call. The other cool feature is I can tap the "dial" button to call Points of Interest for things like restaurant reservations as I'm driving there.

Unreliable connection from 730 to iPhone

I also received a 730 for Christmas, and have continuous problems connecting Bluetooth. I have tried with 3 different iPhones all with similar results.. When attempting to link, I may receive one of several different responses from the TomTom: (1) "No phones found", (2) Offers to connect to the phone, says it is connected ("The phone may now be used...") followed by "This phone does not seem to be capable of making a wireless data connection..." I decline to copy phonebook, then receive "Unable to connect..." and the phone is "X"d out, or (3) the phone connects and works great for a few hours, only to drop again.

All phones display the TomTom device in Bluetooth, all phones are in "Discoverable" mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have only ever got handsfree calling working when an iPhone is coupled to a TomTom, I have my phone book stored on the PC in a text file so I simply copy that to the TomTom for my contacts - works a treat, you won't get data working as the iPhone doesn't support the Bluetooth DUN profile and so few phones actually work with SMS support I guess its no surprise to find out the iPhone doesn't offer SMS with an iPhone - Mike

Thanks mikealder. I guess I can live without data services, but how do I get the iPhone "coupled"? It seems to work once in a while, then quits & won't connect again.

The bluetooth capability is 8,351 is rather challenging to say the least, consider rolling back to Navcore 8,302 which you can download from TomTom by clicking Here 8,302 isn't perfect but it does offer more stability for Bluetooth connections.

Install the download to the device using WinRar to extract the files from the download - If you are unsure about this post again and I will put some detailed instructions in this thread - Mike

I seem to be having this problem also. I have an LG VX8360 which appears to connect but will not call out. Can you supply the detailed instructions for redoing the software?

Thanks

I seem to be having this problem also. I have an LG VX8360 which appears to connect but will not call out. Can you supply the detailed instructions for redoing the software?

Thanks

There's a bug in some LG models where it's discoverable mode isn't fully bluetooth compliant. Tomtom app 8.302 usually won't fix that. Try first setting the LG as discoverable, then have the LG search for devices at the same time the Tomtom searches for devices. This has helped some people allow the Tomtom to "see" the LG. Once it sees the LG, follow the normal pairing procedures on the Tomtom.

I have actually gotten the LG to connect to the GO730 but as soon as the connection falls, for what ever reason, it is back to start. The GO730 seems to stay connected and I can receive calls, but not able to make calls. I wonder if an LG software fix is available.

Thanks I am going to try the flash this weekend.

Wireless connection

I too have a Go 730 and after pairing my Samsung D900i with it I seem to also have a problem with making a wireless data connection but I am not sure why.
I am on o2 and am on Pay As You Go, does this make a difference?
Cheers, Paul

I too have a Go 730 and after pairing my Samsung D900i with it I seem to also have a problem with making a wireless data connection but I am not sure why.
I am on o2 and am on Pay As You Go, does this make a difference?
Cheers, Paul

What error do you get? Do you get to the screen where you can choose phone model and network?

Ask a Question