4 GB SD for TomTom One 1st Edition

Ain

Hello,

I bought a 4 GB SD card for my TomTom One 1st Edition. Please tell me step by step how to format it right and how to get everything back to work like it works with the original 1 GB SD card. I would really appreciate.

Also, does anybody know where would I get altitude and speed programs for my TomTom One 1st Edition? Thanks!

Ain

I don't believe your 4GB card will work with the One, as the One is not compatible with SDHC format cards. If you have a standard (non SDHC) card, then you should be OK.

Simply format the card on your computer's card reader/writer with FAT16 format, and then copy all the files from your current card to a temporary location on the computer (ensure you copy ALL files, including hidden), and then copy them from the PC to the new card.

Hello,

I bought a 4 GB SD card for my TomTom One 1st Edition. Please tell me step by step how to format it right and how to get everything back to work like it works with the original 1 GB SD card. I would really appreciate.

Also, does anybody know where would I get altitude and speed programs for my TomTom One 1st Edition? Thanks!

Ain

While I don't have experience with your specific model, I would give it a try IF you also have a SDHC card reader because ONE models have an old USB standard that makes file operations really slow when connected thru the supplied USB cable. So, if you have a card reader, copy the entire content of your internal memory to your SDHC card. Then insert your SDHC card in your TT and give it a try. You should make a complete backup of internal memory to your hard drive before copying everything to your SDHC card connected to the card reader.

Normally, SDHC cards come already formatted FAT32 as it is the standard for SDHC cards and my ONE XL-S' 1GB internal memory came formatted this way from the factory.

Let us know how it works out. I'll be real surprised if the One 1st Edition can read the SDHC card. It won;t recognize the FAT32 format, but if you reformat to FAT16, perhaps it may work. I have a friendly wager it does not, however. ;)

Ask a Question