3D terrain elevation? where is it?

I just installed the newest version of maps on my tomtom (815) running on navcore 8.204. I see all these pics on the internet with tomtom using these new maps and they have the 3d looking terrain elevation. Mine is not showing this? Does anyone know how to enable this or what the deal is with this?

Thanks

Last edited:
You do have the view set to 3D, correct?

If so, are you referring to the screens that show buildings, etc? If so, these elements are only in certain areas, mostly city centres ... if at all.

Yeah, that's the stuff I figured you were referring to. As I said, the closer to a built up area, the better the chance to see those things. The screen capture you showed is reflecting the building 'footprints' in and around the Arc de Triomphe.

Oh... so I should have that stuff in my maps. Its just a matter of where I am and if its in the maps or not? Just wanted to make sure there wasnt something I had to enable to get that.

Thanks

Yea I always use the 3D option. I just always liked it better. I guess to make it more clearer What I mean is the 3D terrain. Like hills and dips in the landscape. Not buildings, but that would be really cool. Here is a link to a pic that shows what I am talking about.

http://ployer.com/archives/2007/06/12/tomtom-go520.jpg

Just looking at that circle is giving me flashbacks when I had to navigate that. Worst circle I've ever had the luck to be in.

Ask a Question