2 questions, Tracking? and music always starting with device

Hi Guys, I'm new to tomtom and GPS devices .. and I have a new Go 720.. and I'm enjoying it!!

one small gripe is (against what the rep told me) bluetooth handsfree won't allow you to go through the sound-out or the FM.. i was hoping at least one of those 2 would work, as even at it's loudest, the 720 is not all that loud for hands free talking.. my car's not that quiet either.. so maybe its better in silent cars.. either way, i'd like that functionality!

now onto the 2 questions.. one of which is i'm wondering if anyone has made this possible? :
Is there some way to make this device 'track' a path wherever I go? Not a huge deal but I think that capability would be a great feature...

Second, i'm having an issue when I turn on the device, it will resume whatever audiobook/song had been 'paused' (since I can't seem to locate a stop button ANYWHERE!) and will (not always, but i'd say about 50% of the time) just start playing when I turn the device back on! this is really annoying. I could see this as being a great feature if you turned it off while it was playing or something, but I only started playing the music/audiobook (excerpts, that were included with the device) to test it out.. and then I hit pause to stop it..so.. yeah, i 'stop' it with pause.. some time later, turn device off, and (sometimes when turning it back on) it will resume playing it even though I wasn't playing it when I shut it down! The fact there is no stop button, merely pause button, is this possibly an issue?

Any other help over this issue would be appreciated.

I have also attempted to hit the 'restart' button which did actually 'permanently' stop it from being in the middle of any particular song.. but after starting a song/audiobook again, and pausing it.. it did it again after shutting it down, then starting it (although again, not all the time, just sometimes).

thanks for any help guys, and I'm happy to be a new tomtom owner!

now onto the 2 questions.. one of which is i'm wondering if anyone has made this possible? :
Is there some way to make this device 'track' a path wherever I go? Not a huge deal but I think that capability would be a great feature...
Yes. Download TripMaster from www.webazar.com. Be sure you get the latest version if you have the latest TomTom firmware.

You'll find a discussion of the most recent release and install instructions here in the "tweak" section of the forums.

Yes. Download TripMaster from www.webazar.com. Be sure you get the latest version if you have the latest TomTom firmware.

You'll find a discussion of the most recent release and install instructions here in the "tweak" section of the forums.

I was looking at that in the tweaks section, seems like a great little plugin.. Will definitely check that out when I'm at home, thanks for verifying that it does that function.

Still wondering about the song/audiobook glitch too

Second, i'm having an issue when I turn on the device, it will resume whatever audiobook/song had been 'paused' (since I can't seem to locate a stop button ANYWHERE!) and will (not always, but i'd say about 50% of the time) just start playing when I turn the device back on! this is really annoying. I could see this as being a great feature if you turned it off while it was playing or something, but I only started playing the music/audiobook (excerpts, that were included with the device) to test it out.. and then I hit pause to stop it..so.. yeah, i 'stop' it with pause.. some time later, turn device off, and (sometimes when turning it back on) it will resume playing it even though I wasn't playing it when I shut it down! The fact there is no stop button, merely pause button, is this possibly an issue?!
IIRC, "resuming playback on start-up" is a jukebox option. (Sorry, I don't have my 720 in front of me, at the moment..)

But if you can't find this setting & the song/book resumes playing, open the JukeBox and press the "Play/Pause" button to halt playback.

And if this causes the unit to lose your place in a lengthy audiobook, you can, with difficulty, Rewind & FF a selection by holding down the '<<' & ' >>' buttons.

IIRC, "resuming playback on start-up" is a jukebox option. (Sorry, I don't have my 720 in front of me, at the moment..)

But if you can't find this setting & the song/book resumes playing, open the JukeBox and press the "Play/Pause" button to halt playback.

And if this causes the unit to lose your place in a lengthy audiobook, you can, with difficulty, Rewind & FF a selection by holding down the '<<' & ' >>' buttons.

thanks for the reply;
I am most certainly able to go in and 'pause' it manually, but it's kind of a pain to do that all the time..

I have tried to look for that option for not automatically resuming playback on start-up.. i do have it in front of me.. the settings:

I go to 'change preferences' / music preferences / 'shuffle songs' repeat song ' reduce brightness 'show music button in driving view ' automatically switch to driving view ' slide show '
are the only tick boxes.. of which i only have 'show music button in driving view' enabled, for quick access to it.

under 'startup preferences' 'continue where i left off' is selected.. but since the song wasn't being played when it got turned off, i would presume it shouldnt 'resume'

under 'startup preferences' 'continue where i left off' is selected.. but since the song wasn't being played when it got turned off, i would presume it shouldnt 'resume'
Yeah, that startup preference was the one I was (mis-) recalling. I was thinking it was more specific to playback.

I can report from my own experience, that the Jukebox's behavior is inconsistent. I frequently shut off my vehicle (& as a result the GPS), while it's playing. But it doesn't always resume playback upon startup.

Additionally, it occasionally fails to return to the jukebox screen at startup, when that screen was showing at shutdown & do I have the "Continue Where I left Off" option checked.

In my opinion it's kludgy software.

Ask a Question