XL 335S - Edit/view street address

Preview
XL 335S - Edit/view street address

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm new to GPS and have a question about my XL 335S that I bought about a month ago. I used the GPS once a few weeks ago for a trip. Today, I finally got around to hooking it up to the computer and downloading a free map upgrade that was available. While poking around with the unit, I realized I could not see the street address that I keyed in on my favorites. I found that you can edit the name of the favorite, but I see no way to edit or even view the address. I read another thread that suggested using the POI instead but I still don't see a way to edit or view the street address. That seems crazy to me. Am I missing something? Since this is a navigation device, why in the world would you not be able to view or edit the address?

Secondly, as I said, I am new to GPS and have only used my device on one trip a few weeks ago. I don't recall for sure, but I thought I remembered seeing the street addresses on the screen when I arrived at my destination. Is that true? Sitting here at my PC, my screen just shows street names and no addresses but then again, I am not on a route. I ran a sample route through the demo program and didn't' see the street address there either. Again, am I missing something?

Why are the street addresses so secretive? I guess I am used to computers, cell phones, pda contact lists where addresses are readily available. I would think GPS units would be no different. I would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this subject for me.

Thank you

Welcome to TTF.

You are not missing anything regarding Favourites. That is a weakness of the function such that when you make a favourite and it gives you the option to rename it, such as 'Good restaurant', then that is all that shows in the list.

This might be of help:
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras Forums-viewtopic-Converting "MapSettings.cfg" file

As to addresses, when you are driving with no route planned, street numbers do not show. Nor will it show when you reach your destination, just the checkered flag.

The address will show if you navigate to --> recent destinations. That screen shows the specific address you inputed into the search.

Ok.. thank you for the information. Maybe someday, they will make the street addresses seem important enough to display and allow edits.

Thanks

Ask a Question