Where to mount TT Go on sportsbike

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I am new to satnav especially on the bike and have bought a Tom Tom Go 730 with a ram mount from Telferizer that goes through the hole in the stem and then a cradle and small arm from ram mount but I am not sure where best to position it.
Can I please have your views?
Cheers, Paul

TT2.jpg

I mounted mine so it projects slightly over the tank in line with the speedometer But then I have bars, not clip-ons. If you have clip-ons that have clearance issues using a ram mount, there are a few options. First thing that pops to mind is a video camera mount that attaches to the gas cap ring.

Your Go 730 is not weather proof, so I would strongly recommend putting a zip lock plastic bag over it when riding, just in case you get caught in the rain.
Not sure how you will hear your voice directions in your helmet?? Trying to navigate from the screen can be dangerous in traffic. You may be able to get a bluetooth headset to pair with the 730, I'm not sure. The 730 forum may be the place to check. I found the voice commands most useful while negotiating Los Angeles rush hour traffic while riding there last year.

PC

Ask a Question