Wendy's - 1.2

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go510
Download and unzip to "USA_and_Canada" folder on the TomTom SD card.

update: 1/3/7 - Revision 1.2 New Jersey: Atlantic County

Attachments

• Wendy's.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,214
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome. To add POIs you have to first connect your unit to your computer. Download the zip file above and unzip them to your unit by using windows explorer. for example: J:\North_America. The J drive being your GO 910 and placing the two files in the North_America folder. From there you can disconnect your unit and turn it on and go to your preference page 1 of 7. Select Enable/Disable and make sure the Wendy's or any POI you add is checked.

If you want your unit to warn you with audio when your near a specific POI, then go to preference page 2 of 7. Select Manage POIs then Warn when near POI. Select the POI category you want warn and follow the next options.

Download and unzip to "USA_and_Canada" folder on the TomTom SD card.

John,

Are all of these POI's supposed to be Nationwide? If so, it appears that the Chicagoland area is missing from all of them. Also, have you seen this site? http://www.gps-poi-us.com/poifiles.html This guy somehow uses the location data gathered from each restaurant's/business/company's website to build very accurate POI files. Any idea how he's doing that?

BoxerBoi76

Poi's

Hello,
In reply to your question the poi's (Most of them) are made by TT owners in this forum the ones you saw in the web site have a cost! And in my oppinion are quite expensive if you don't plan to be useing your TT in all the U.S.A.! we can up date the Pois you are interested with pois for your state or needs . All free by the good will of a few of us who have learned to do it. little by little we can have updated pois of all or most of the pois in this site. We can also make personal pois for you needs that are not even up for sale! for example if you have a chain restaurant or bank that is only in you state,city.town we can make one for you. If on the other hand you wish to have a complete full coverage poi by all means go to the web site you mentioned or we can supply others and buy them! I have made various pois that are and could be VERY USEFUL like (School Zones) or Danger (Curves,Intersections etc) that each one can put in their own. Or (Railroad Crossing) . You can personalize you TT to your needs. Please don't hesitate to ask for any help we will be willing to help.
P.S. as always we ask to be specific giving State,City,Town and zip to be easier and faster to make.
Regards,
Happy Holidays - George

And in my opinion are quite expensive
I agree! I don't plan on paying for them or getting them from that website. I was just curious as to how he builds his. I emailed him and he stated that he goes to the website of the company, restaurant, business and pulls it from their locations page to build very accurate POI's. I was wondering if you guys knew how he could do that?

I do appreciate everyone's time in building these. I've grabbed "mypoi" and will start building my own for my area but will use the icons that are available here. I hope to have one for every chain restaurant and business. I prefer my TT to show the business icon on the map instead of the generic icon that is shown.

Thanks!

BoxerBoi76

I've started to add member's city and state on a spreadsheet. As new members arrive and ask for request, they city and state are added. I used this information when I did the McDonald's POI. It had the locations of members who have requested POIs in the past. It's a big file and I plan to implement this with every POI here.

I've started to add member's city and state on a spreadsheet. As new members arrive and ask for request, they city and state are added. I used this information when I did the McDonald's POI. It had the locations of members who have requested POIs in the past. It's a big file and I plan to implement this with every POI here.
I'll certainly help out and contribute where I can guys! Once I get a few things done I'll submit them.

BoxerBoi76

I agree! I don't plan on paying for them or getting them from that website. I was just curious as to how he builds his. I emailed him and he stated that he goes to the website of the company, restaurant, business and pulls it from their locations page to build very accurate POI's. I was wondering if you guys knew how he could do that?

I do appreciate everyone's time in building these. I've grabbed "mypoi" and will start building my own for my area but will use the icons that are available here. I hope to have one for every chain restaurant and business. I prefer my TT to show the business icon on the map instead of the generic icon that is shown.

Thanks!

BoxerBoi76
He does what we do just gets paid for it! we do it for free :rolleyes: hmmmm

POI for the Washington DC Area

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. I would love to have the POI (Costco, Home Depot, etc.) of Northern Virginia, DC area and Maryland, and traffic safety Camera. I would appreciate your help. Thanks for devoting your time for others in the forum.

this poi does not have New Jersey Locations. Atlantic County to be exact. Is the correct??
Thanks
Scott
X-MAS TOMTOM 901 OWNER!

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. I would love to have the POI (Costco, Home Depot, etc.) of Northern Virginia, DC area and Maryland, and traffic safety Camera. I would appreciate your help. Thanks for devoting your time for others in the forum.
has this one been done yet?

How about the Western PA to erie Pa. then over to ohio and wv area as I can be in ohio in 25 minutes and wv in 20 minutes and travel there often. I live in pittsburgh.

I do not see any POI for this area at all

would like to have these
Mc Donalds
Wendys
lowes
home depot
kfc
K-Mart
gander Mountain nationwide not that many stores
Bass pro Shops noth that many stores out there

Can you update the original post with the Cities/States that are currently in the POI?

How about Nashua NH, and Andover, MA?

Ask a Question