voice recognition still not working HELP

have the latest map 7.10 and firmware 7.221
My new map is on my SD card .
How do I change to the latest map thats is on my card or does the TomTom 720 use it automatic? I have done the ASR with the number 1 in it but still no sound
Thanks

The icon looks fine

I'd say just start over from the beginning again.

Open Notepad.

Type: 1

Save As ..

change Save as Type from .txt to ALL FILES (if you dont change this it will save it as a .txt and combined with windows "hide known extensions" you'd never know it)

name the file: support_asr.dat

put it in the ASR folder of the TT.

Thats all I did, and it worked just fine. So thats my suggestion, just try it again :)

I did everything over again still nothing voice icon is Grey my new map is on my SD card maybe this is the problem. Does the tt use the new map by default or do you need to set it.
Thanks

I did everything over again still nothing voice icon is Grey my new map is on my SD card maybe this is the problem. Does the tt use the new map by default or do you need to set it.
Thanks

go to Manage Maps (I think under prefs). I did also read up on tomtom's site, that the HOME and map application must be on the SD card for the tomtom to boot up off of it, else you'd have to go thru the Manage Map option to switch. I'd try that cause you could be right, it might be the map on the SD card

Finely I have voice reconnection yeha.

:p Went to Manage Maps switch NA MAPS and wallah it worked. Now do i need to remove the old map or leave it a lone.? Thanks for all the suggestions

'Splain this, please

With my 720 connected to TomTom Home, I click on "Operate My TomTom" and then "version" and see ver 7.220. With the GPS out of the cradle it says ver 7.221.

Several times now, I've clicked "Update My GO" and downloaded version 7.221. "Items on My Computer" shows version 7.221 (22.7 MB). "Items on My GO" shows app ver 0 (10.6 MB).

I've tried copying version 7.221 from my computer to the GO, and I've tried deleting the app from the GO and then copying 7.221 to the device.

Now when I select "Operate My GO" in TTHome, I get:
"To start operating your device, TomTom Home needs to download a new file. Do you want to download this file now?"

I click "Yes" and get: "This file is not currently available. Please try again soon."

What the heck is going on here? I know computers are mystical, but this is way beyond my ken.

Any help/advice/thoughts/solutions/suggestions welcomed.

With my 720 connected to TomTom Home, I click on "Operate My TomTom" and then "version" and see ver 7.220. With the GPS out of the cradle it says ver 7.221.

Several times now, I've clicked "Update My GO" and downloaded version 7.221. "Items on My Computer" shows version 7.221 (22.7 MB). "Items on My GO" shows app ver 0 (10.6 MB).

I've tried copying version 7.221 from my computer to the GO, and I've tried deleting the app from the GO and then copying 7.221 to the device.

Now when I select "Operate My GO" in TTHome, I get:
"To start operating your device, TomTom Home needs to download a new file. Do you want to download this file now?"

I click "Yes" and get: "This file is not currently available. Please try again soon."

What the heck is going on here? I know computers are mystical, but this is way beyond my ken.

Any help/advice/thoughts/solutions/suggestions welcomed.
I had this happen to me too,

Perform a safe disconnect in HOME, then go into the TomTom and click on the status display (the spot that shows the time & speed), the version should say 7.221 if installed correctly. Click that and it will take you to the info screen.

Back out, turn device off and turn device on and reconnect and it should recognize. (At least that's what I had to do).

--Phil

Ask a Question