Version 9.465 available

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540S, Start 55TM
While updating my TomTom today I was prompted that a new version of the application is available for download (the one that resides on the GPS unit, not TomTom Home). It says version 9.465.

Does anybody have any information about this update and is it recommended?

I use custom menus and wonder if it is going to mess them up.

The main change is the switch of Google search to Tomtom Places on LIVE units.

Another huge change is that it fixes the Uturn bug in the USA.

The main change is the switch of Google search to Tomtom Places on LIVE units.

Sorry, my reply was with the US XXL non-LIVE unit in mind. So the only line that seemed to apply to me was "Several performance improvements and bug fixes have been made" :D

Another huge change is that it fixes the Uturn bug in the USA.

That would have been nice to put in the official announcement. I'm not sure I know what that U-Turn bug was - mvl can you point me to a thread or recap the issue?

. . . I'm not sure I know what that U-Turn bug was . . . recap the issue?

I can give you ONE example of that bug which is now gone with the newest update -

You are on a divided 4-lane road (it would have some kind of barrier separation) and are approaching an intersection and wish to make a 180 degree reverse direction. Normally, you get in the turn-lane and make that maneuver (assuming it isn't illegal which may be true in *certain* cases). The TomTom, however, never would allow such a 180 degree change of direction in its planning; it would insist on making a 270 degree right turn at the next intersection usually at some distance point beyod your usual left-turn intersection which would result in approximately 5 minutes being added to the trip planning time.

Not so with the new. It allows you utilize the normal U-turn rather than taking you the convoluted long way around.

I know it's working because I just went on a local test run and was verbally directed to "Make a U-Turn" when approaching the intersection.

Will wonders never cease?!

"Kate" never has been available on the new "NAV3" models, and neither have any of the other TTS voices we had on the old units.

TomTom changed the third-party provider of the TTS "engine" and those voices all depend on that particular engine to work.

Similarly, the new voices (eg Serena - UK Female) will never be available for the older models.

But I'm amazed that there is no longer a choice of TTS voices now (even between a male and female voice).

Ask a Question