Update Problems Smart 25

TomTom Model(s)
Smart25
Hi,

I've recently purchased the TomTom Smart 25, i've plugged it into my computer so I can get my map updates (as i was told i had 4 updates). It has been updating for the past 4 hours and it has stuck on 22% for the past 2hrs can you tell me whether this is correct? As it seems a very long time for any sort of updates. Also i do not want to disconnect the tomtom in case this causes any damage to the software - is there a safe way for me to disconnect whilst it is updating?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If your Start 25 is well and truly stuck, we've seen success in unplugging and replugging the device during the download. It's important that it's in the download phase, though, not installation.

All of this assumes that MyDrive is configured to cache incoming large files -- always a good idea. You can check this by selecting the systray icon for MyDrive, selecting "Settings" and "Cache". If the box "Cache large content..." is selected, I'd go ahead and unplug your unit and plug it back in again to see if the process restarts from 22%.

It shouldn't be necessary but leave the device connected to the computer overnight and see what the results are in the morning.

Ask a Question