UK Speed Camera Database

TomTom Model(s)
XL live
I travel quite a lot around the UK and am amazed at the number of fixed cameras which are not listed on this database. I am someone who takes the time to report the "missing" cameras and at the moment I seem to be reporting at least 3 a day EVERY day I am out and about as I travel around the country.

I am then angered when Tom Tom then tells me there is a map update available and it will only cost me £xx to have it - when I am sure it is ME who is updating the database for them!

If someone at Tom Tom sees this, I am quite prepared to offer my services.....oh....and it will only cost you £xxx per day (subject to negotiation!)

While there are employees of TomTom who do indeed drop in here from time to time, it's not a common occurance.

That said, if I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with TomTom's safety camera database which is inaccurate and out of date. Many rely on a 3rd party for a much better experience.

May I suggest a subscription to the database offered by pocketgpsworld.com. See here for more information:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66856

I already have a FREE life time subscription to that! Given what you have said, how much else is inaccurate and out of date?

When I drive through Wolverhampton I keep getting sent round a square and the same in Surrey!

Ask a Question