TT One Friction Mount??

TomTom Model(s)
TT1
Do they make a friction mount for TomTom One?? Garmin makes a ton of them for their various models. Can I "make" one work???

please help!

I might be stupid on this one.... what's a friction mount? Are you saying you don't like your OEM suction mount?

... wanna sell it to me?!?!?! :D

ah... didn't know what those were called but those are a dime a dozen... universal fits anyway.

If you buy one and don't want your OEM Suction mount... let me know!!!

I was just looking at the Garmin friction mount for the Nuvi line and it looks like it won't work (based on the picture).

To 'make' it work you would need to find a bracket that can clip to the back of the TT1 as well as recieve the ball joint in the other end.

The ONE mount Ram offers isn't out yet!
They will let me know when it will be

hey- thanks for researching it. I came across that as well. It looks as if you have to buy each component separately?? Anyway- could you send that e-mail my way when it's available?

e-mail = jpal723 at gmail dot com

thanks!

Friction Mounts for TomTom

A friction mount is commonly called by a variety of names.
"Friction Dash Mount"
"Bean Bag Mount"
"Non-Skid Dash Mount"

They came about as an alternative to windshield suction mounts which are currently prohibited for use in California and Minnesota. Drivers in those states could potentially be pulled over and ticketed for using the windshield suction pedestals that come in the OE bundles from PND manufacturers. In reality, nearly nobody gets pulled over and ticketed. However, there have been a few occasions when it happens.

Anyhow, earlier this month, ARKON introduced a complete line of Friction Dash Mounts for the TomTom devices.

If you're using the TomTom EasyPort mount, found on the new version of the TomTom ONE and TomTom ONE XL that came out in April of 2008, then you're best solution will be the CM012 Weighted Friction Dash Mount.
See http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_one_mount.php

That same link above has a Deluxe version of the Friction Mount that comes with ARKON's Travelmount Mini Windshield Suction Pedestal. It's compatible with the following TomTom devices:
TomTom ONE US Edition
TomTom ONE 3rd Edition (US)
TomTom ONE (NEW Edition) (EUROPE) aka known as the TomTom ONE 2nd Edition
TomTom ONE 3rd Edition (EUROPE)

If you're using the TomTom ONE XL, then see http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_one_xl_mount.php

For the TomTom GO 520, 530, 720, 730, 920, 930, then see
http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_GO_520_720_920_mount.php

ARKON's Friction Mount was designed with Safety and Fuction as the primary elements. Unlike any other friction mounts, ARKON's offers an Adhesive Safety Hook that connects to a loop sewn into the back of the Friction Mount.

The U-Shaped design is also ideal for use with the TomTom EasyPort mount which is extremely low profile.

Let me know if any of you have any other questions.

Ask a Question