TT One 3rd stupid behaviour

Hi guys,
I have a TT One 3rd generation and one day I've tried to update de firmware using TomTom Home latest version. After several attempts of updating the firmware (it kept giving me errors such as: cannot install system file or ttn or data.chk ) I eventually did it. Now when I start the GPS everything seems to be alright excepting the fact that the message I get is "No maps found". I have to tell you that I formatted the gps doing a backup before using explorer not the backup option from TT Home software. I put all the content back and I get the same message. "NO MAPS FOUND".
Do you guys have any ideea what I did wrong or I didn't?
Thanks in advance for any useful tip & advice.

Sebastian

ok. so i managed to bring the device up to date but when i switch it on it says "no maps found" even if the maps are in its internal memory.
any sugestions?

What firmware version do you have? What version maps are installed in your unit? It could be the firmware version installed is inappropriate for your model.

Any chance you have a backup of a previous firmware version? If so, try re-installing that.

If not, you could try a re-installation of the current version firmware.

I just had the exact same thing happen to me, it wanted to update and now no maps! When I look at "What's on my TomTom" It says they are there. What's going on? I need to use this thing tomorrow :(

I get this error when trying to update:

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/Write: An error occurred while using this file: M:\ttsystem
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1198)
0000045D
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1198
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:73
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1094
me._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:70
this._errorCallback(e);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:62
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 21:24:46 GMT

--------

It now says it failed because of previous failures and I'm getting the bad chip animation on the TT

I tried to restore but that failed too, nice.

Last edited:
To both of you, are you using a pc? If so, is it Vista? If so, perhaps you have to use Admin Rights (is that the term?) to try to install the firmware.

If not Vista but a pc, can you use Explorer to see the unit and its contents? If so, delete the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their files and use Home to dl and reinstall the firmware.

I tried a lot of things, strange thing is when I tried to update with TT home, it would load one update successfully it was ~8MB. When I unhooked the TT it would reboot and it would flash the unit. Then I would get the unit to boot no problem but no maps. I would hook up to the TT Home again and it said there was another update this time it was ~11 MB. That one would not load all the way. It would fail giving me the error I put above. And when that happened it said my chip was bad (my TT has no internal memory it just runs off the chip) In the end I had to wipe the chip and reload a back up I did back on 2-08. This was not a back up with the TTHome software that would not work. I also backed up the chip by removing it and putting it in a chip reader then just dragging the contents to a spot on one of my internal hard drives.

Now when I hook up to TTHome I just deselect the update it wants to install. I lost some of my favorites but that's not too bad I suppose.

BTW I'm running Win XP pro in admin mode

Well, glad you have it working......

btw, the units use internal memory or sd cards, not chips. Small point. :eek:

Without a chip mine will not boot up to the GPS at all or show a unit if the cable is in, I think mine has only an external source for data the bottom of mine says Tomtom One (4N00.004.2)

For your model, the firmware and map has to be in internal or on the sd card --- NOT 'chip' --. It sounds as if your operating system is on the sd card.

Try a pin reset and see what happens.

That number you quoted doesn't have relevance for this issue.

Ask a Question