TT Direct Power Cord

TomTom Model(s)
go 630
Hello. I posted previously about locating a direct power cradle. I appreciate to replies, but it's not worth the $60+ to do it, for me at least. So instead, I am trying to located at least the direct power wire so I don't have the cable strung across the dash area plugged into the cigarette lighter. I did locate a wire, but it seems to be a bare end and I'm not sure if it is fused or not; or if it even requires one. Is this the right one?

Do I just go to radio shack and get one of the jumpers where it plugs in behind one of the fuses (clips to the fuse, then you plug the fuse in)?

Thank you.

Thanks Jim;

Is this something like you got or can you advise where you procured one? Do you know if the "box" on this one is the fuse for it or should I also add in an inline fuse.... at 5 volts.

Thanks again!

You can get a cig lighter outlet for about $8 at Radio Shack. Just wire it in behind/under the dash and plug the TomTom power adapter into it. No voltage issues, still using the "official" adapter, and not visible. I did that with my XM Radio and saved $35 over buying the advertised "hard wire power" kit.

You can get a cig lighter outlet for about $8 at Radio Shack. Just wire it in behind/under the dash and plug the TomTom power adapter into it. No voltage issues, still using the "official" adapter, and not visible. I did that with my XM Radio and saved $35 over buying the advertised "hard wire power" kit.

Damn straight simple and cheap idea. Thanks a lot!

Ask a Question