TT Canadia map !

No I'm not trying to blag a free be or file share... or am I (said in a Homer Simpson kind of way ;))

OK, going to Canada hopefully end of March, (yes I know I said Canadia :))

Now, when I go as my Visas through, I'm getting my initial landing Papers (Permananet Residency) then at present trying to sell house etc...so may be a bit of tooing and frooing

(Dont worry I'm coming to the question) !!!

I want to test out my TT out there, (TT 1XL), its the one with the SIM chip with the UK&IRE map on it. NOW
I dont wanna mess things up can somone give me the correct procedure, things I need to do, buy, make a note of. I want to get the LATEST Canada map and when I come back will still need to use my UK map, is it as easy as just backing up my existing TT software/ then loading the new map then swpaying when I come back

Many thanks!

Phew got there in the end !

ta fellas

Last edited:
ps just to re-iterate, in case no-one got the joke I'm, not trying to do anything ilegal, promise :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I took away the emphatic lettering......not necessary! ;)

Anyway..........

1. Use Explorer to copy your existing UK map to the computer. Make triple sure it is there.

2. Delete the UK map folder from your unit.

3. Purchase the map here and install.

4. When back home from Canada, use Explorer to copy the purchased map to the computer and copy back the UK (or whatever the specific map folder is called) to the unit.

NOK, going to Canada hopefully end of March,
Now, when I go as my Visas through, I'm getting my initial landing Papers (Permananet Residency) then at present trying to sell house etc...so may be a bit of tooing and frooing

Contact the emigration office to find out how soon and long you can be away from Canada without loosing your Landed Immigrant status.

I trust you heed(ed) dhn's (I think it was he) advise a do not bring over you RH drive car as Settlers effects.

Hiya
I think Im ok on the loosing LI status, cant quote it, but remember the figure somewhere.

As for the car the jury is still out. I'm planning on trying for sale here, if I dont get what I want I'll take it over as it WONT be worth selling it at a major loss.

Cheers on the advice for the maps

Contact the emigration office to find out how soon and long you can be away from Canada without loosing your Landed Immigrant status.

I trust you heed(ed) dhn's (I think it was he) advise a do not bring over you RH drive car as Settlers effects.

ok sme questions

when I back up my TT or copy with explorer do I need any password/pin when I reload it?

I have this horrible feeling about these things

before I mess about with it, can I download/see any password or pins in case of a screwup?
cheers

No, no password is needed when you reload the contents of the TomTom FROM the computer TO the unit using Explorer.

Hi do you need passwords or pins if you copy to an SD card
No, just put the SD card in the device and Windows Explorer will recognise it as a separate drive letter.
Copy from your computer onto that drive.
... and does it have to be a specific SD card.
Check the manual and TomTom's web pages.
When I got my 930 with the 8.002 Operating System, the manual said it had to be an SDHC card with not larger than 4 GB capacity.
Newer OS versions allow for vastly lager capacities.
On a lesser, older device an SDHC may not be supported and a plain SD card would have to be used.
Should be difficult today to find a SD card that is not High Capacity.

Ask a Question