Transfer maps from CD to SD card

I have a Tom tom XL with US and Canada maps.
I just got a TOMTOM navigator 2 with 8 CDs European maps only.
( It says : For pocket PC ) I do not have a PDF

Can I transfer the maps from the CDs to SD card so I will be able to use it on my XL.
I do have a laptop with a SD card slot. Can i transfer it direct from CD to SD.

Or I must insert the SD card in the XL and connect it to the computer .
Do I have to go to Tom tom home .
Plesase let me know how can i tranfer the maps.

Getting these maps on 8 cd's reminds me of using my TomTom Classic 2 years ago. It was a collection of individual country maps. There was no all-Europe map at the time. Is this the sort of thing that you have?

Anyway, I recall that the first cd had an install program. Try looking there first. The program extracted the compacted map files. It gave you a choice of putting the maps on the unit, the hard drive or an sd card.

In any case, you will have to activate the maps on your unit. There should be a plastic 'credit card' with the 'Product code'.

If you purchase the maps for Europe and it has a activation code, then it they will work for your unit.
If you will install them on a SD card, then you will have to include all what is in your XL excluding the US_Canada map for the unit to recognize the map. When you insert the SD card with all the TomTom files, HOME will recognize the card, then insert the CD(s) of Europe and install it.

vianos, please do no post the same quesiton in different threads. we will answer your quesiton.

Ask a Question