tomtom xl335 se voice cutting in and out

I bought a xl335se on Sept 17 and it would not turn on. Took it back to wally world and they gave me another one. Since I have had this one the Susan computer voice will sometimes announce up coming streets and sometimes the voice cuts in and out, sometimes nothing at all. Wally world will not take it back and Tom Tom support has been called 7 times. They have had me delete and reload the Susan voice, reset the tom tom from the menu, and reset using pin in the bottom hole, change voice to other computer voices, and nothing fixes this problem. Last call I was told they are having a problem and the update I down loaded caused this problem and I would not be able to use the updates. Anyone else having this problem? I wander what it take for them to decide they sold me a bad unit and send me one that works? The Magellan we replaced with this tom tom ran for years no problems.

The 335SE was a model only available to WalMart as I understand. It should have a 1 year warranty. Even for one replacing a faulty unit. I'd pursue it again with WalMart. See the store manager. I also seem to remember that many of these units were faulty

Well after returning to Wally world and talking with a manager they took it back after 29 days of trouble. No more tom toms for me

Ask a Question