Tomtom Toyota SD card problem

TomTom Model(s)
Toyota Tomtom
Hello,
I have got the Urban Runner 2008 with a tomtom.
I could use it for a few days, pair it with my phone, enable tomtom home, upgrade the firmware and make a backup.
Now, the tomtom will not start, it gets stuck on a screen that shows a SD icon with a red X.
It looks like the sd card is OK, I also tried to restore the backup to another sd card but still get the SD card red X screen.
I tried to reset the tomtom.
Is the tomtom unit dead? It is quite frustrating because I have the car for only 6 days.
When docked in the car, it will read "Loading" and reboot in a loop.
I broke after I was enabling the AUX input to hook up my ipod. I disabled the Aux input since then.
Anything I could do before I go to the Toyota dealership for help? :(
Thanks

Hello,
I have got the Urban Runner 2008 with a tomtom.
I could use it for a few days, pair it with my phone, enable tomtom home, upgrade the firmware and make a backup.
Now, the tomtom will not start, it gets stuck on a screen that shows a SD icon with a red X.
It looks like the sd card is OK, I also tried to restore the backup to another sd card but still get the SD card red X screen.
I tried to reset the tomtom.
Is the tomtom unit dead? It is quite frustrating because I have the car for only 6 days.
When docked in the car, it will read "Loading" and reboot in a loop.
I broke after I was enabling the AUX input to hook up my ipod. I disabled the Aux input since then.
Anything I could do before I go to the Toyota dealership for help? :(
Thanks

I realy don't know anything about in in car units but you might try booting it up without the Sd card in.

Well, the red X signifies the unit can't find the firmware. And I suspect the firmware AND map must reside in the same memory location (internal or sd card) for any models below the Go x20 and x30's.

I don't know where your model fits in.

Well, I called tomtom. the support tech send me an application installer. I did that and the red X is gone. The problem now is that the USA and Canada map is not recognized. I will call them again.

The tomtom lady posted a new map for me to download. Everything is now OK.
I will keep more backups...
Thanks for your help.

Help!!

Hi PCand01,
Im having the same PROBLEM!!! my grandma just purchased the toyota 4runner urban runner 2008 that came with the TomTom and it said no new maps installed can you send me the files and how to do it?
Thanks
John

Ask a Question