Tomtom start60 traffic receiver

TomTom Model(s)
Start60
If I bought a TomTom traffic receiver for my start60, would it work on my iphone4 app for TomTom because both have the micro USB charger installed? I use the Mophie case for the iPhone so that's why as I said, both have the same size micro USB on them....
I can use the same charging cable that came with the start60 to charge up both at different times of course.

The UK web site shows no compatibility for the receiver with an iPhone, just GPS units. See here:

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/product...-and-antennas/traffic-receiver-9UUC.002.00.2/

But the app for the iPhone includes LIVE traffic, I believe, which is better than the info received using the antenna. (until the LIVE subscription runs out, anyway).

I do use the app for the live traffic, so you think it is better than the antenna one? If so, I will just keep using that one as well for checking traffic ahead. I couldn't see if it will work for the start60 anyway, only the start20 version I believe...

For sure LIVE traffic is more current and accurate than the antenna information. LIVE also covers all roads, not just main dual carriageways and the such.

For sure LIVE traffic is more current and accurate than the antenna information. LIVE also covers all roads, not just main dual carriageways and the such.

Many thanks for the info, I use the fast charge from TomTom that fits in the cigarette lighter which I can plug in my start60 in the middle of it. Then I plug my iPhone in one of the 2 USB ports on the side of it, using the other for my wifi connector. A great piece of kit to buy for the car.
Have a great day and thanks again...:)

F LIVE also covers all roads, not just main dual carriageways and the such.

Is it maybe more roads, rather than all?

There are several small roads near me that have terrible traffic issues, but I never see them flagged up on TomTom HD Traffic.

Ask a Question