tomtom one the small one

Hi all i have a go 930 with the latest truck 7000 software, and i have found a tomtom onr the small square one, with the truck sotware installed, i am trying to put the truck software on my sons one but it keeps showing a red cross, i have tried just replacing the uk maps with the western europe and truck maps but still a red cross and no luck.. can anyone help please as im now in the process of swearing at the damm thing.
Many thanks leigh

It's hard to even know where to start.

To begin, you can't just swap maps between the units. The maps are keyed to the serial numbers. That's a non-starter.

At this point, you're going to need to clean your son's unit entirely and start over.

I'm on my way to a breakfast meeting now - with luck, one of the other regulars will pipe in and explain that you need to delete most of what's on your son's unit and either reload from whatever backup he made of his unit (here's hoping there's a backup) or let Home do the reload for you. Arrgh...

As canderson points out, you can't share maps between devices. So, even if your unit has the proper map, you'd have to purchase the same WORK related map for the other unit.

Also, each unit WITH the proper map also requires the necessary WORK application appropriate for the device and map. You say you do have that combination on the 930. You'd also need the proper application on the other unit .... once it does have the required map.

Ask a Question