tomtom one hack in therory

ok .. i want sound to my steroe inline...Cant we take our back covers off and solder a simple stereo din female to the speaker conection and do this like that ?

which means power in wires determines by the level of internal volume.. Turn down tomtom volume and turn car stereo up to reduce this distortion...has any body have thier back cover off? Hate to check it out and there being a complicated way of putting it back together.

which means power in wires determines by the level of internal volume.. Turn down tomtom volume and turn car stereo up to reduce this distortion...has any body have thier back cover off? Hate to check it out and there being a complicated way of putting it back together.

No.

It means (typically) that the impedence of the circuits is different, in addition to one circuit providing excessive amplitude to the input of the other. The way to overcome this is with a matching transformer, so impedence is properly matched, and level attenuation on the output unit so that the signal amplitude is within acceptable limits for the input circuitry.

;)

In theory this will work if the input for the stereo is meant to have speaker level input............such as the same place you would plug in a mp3 player or sat. radio.
I just got done adding a speaker jack to my 700 so I can hook it up to my motorcycle intercom system. The audio output on the dock was low volume and didn't seem to change with the TT volume control. I think it may be a fixed volume output.
I will try to post pics and how it works after tomorrow when I get a chance to try it out.

Ask a Question