TomTom Application on XL 340S

If you want the link, I can provide it. If you install it, and it's not meant for your model, you may have issues that can't be resolved.

The extracted size of all files is 25.6 mb

Thank you. When I did a map update, TomTom Home said that I needed 2 application updates, 9.026 and 9.061. After doing these (numerous time, with TomTom support on the phone) my device says that I have 9.061 installed, the machine seems to work fine, but the application file shows onlyt 133.3 MB. TomTom has no good explanation other than "it's supposed to be this way".

Again, thanks for your help.

Other stuff that makes up the total application include the data in the loquendo folder, the stuff going into the license folder, etc. So that's where the additional mb may have gone.

The bottom line is if the unit is functioning ok, then you shouldn't worry too much.

DO make an Explorer backup of your unit's contents, though.

Don't trust version numbers or installed file sizes that Home shows on screen as they are often wrong, always use the device to see what version is installed and the available capacity, even using the device emulator from with the Home software can produce rather bizzare results - Mike

Ask a Question