Tom Tom 910 HELP !

Can someone please help me sort my 910? I've had to reset it and now it won't go past the "Legal agreement" page. I keep pressing on "I except" but nothing happens, it just stays on that page. I've tried resetting it again and still the same thing. Any ideas? please:confused:

I've tried that but no luck. I can't find anyting that works. It still turns on, it has sound, does the tom tom drum beat thing, then goes to the legal page and stays there, even after I press the "I agree" bit, nothing. I've left it on until the battery dies, i've charged it up, i've reset it, nothing.:confused:

This happened to me when I just copied my new Australian map over the old one.
My screen whold just hang.
When I deleted the map and copy again it works fine.

It could be other things.
Now I know the importance of backup.

Thanks guys. I'm just looking for my dock lead so I can try re-setting everything via my computer. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again:eek:

If you get it docked and connected Ok, deleting the application and letting Home install a new one may clear it up. If not - hope you have a good Windows backup...

possible fix

Can someone please help me sort my 910? I've had to reset it and now it won't go past the "Legal agreement" page. I keep pressing on "I except" but nothing happens, it just stays on that page. I've tried resetting it again and still the same thing. Any ideas? please:confused:

It i my opionion and only my oppion that you really have to delete the application first then disconnect your unit from your computer and then reconnect it . YOu should see the latest application for download. This should fix this problem. If you want to take a chance calll support. They should say the same thing but who knows. If it still doen't work when connect to the computer go to your tom tom folder. right click on properties. go the the tool tab go to error corrections then put a check in both boxes and run this program . Sometimes this can fix any software and possible hardware problems. Good Luck

PS the absolutly last thing that you can do only after phone support doesn't work you would go to your tom tom folder again right click and format your tom tom. Make sure that before you do this to go the northamerican maps and copy mapsettings.config which are your favorites after the format in tom tom home redownload everything including the North American maps and then copy the mapsettings.config to this map for your favorites. Remember do this as a last resort. If your phone support suggests this they need special permission from higher ups to do this format with youon your unit

Last edited:
This happened to me when I just copied my new Australian map over the old one.......
Now I know the importance of backup.
No truth better spoken. I think we have all learned the importance of this at least one time in our careers. I lost everything when I also lost my backup through a corrupted file. Fortunately TT support helped me with a retore and an updated map. For all the complaints we hear they do get it right sometime.

Ask a Question