Time on TomTom HOME incorrect

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
I have the time set on my GO 730, but when I connect it to my laptop and run "Operate My GO", the time shown is five hours ahead. Set clock is grayed out, so I cannot set the time using HOME.

The time on the GO is correct, the clock on my computer is correct, but the time in HOME is not correct. Why does this matter? If I am planning a trip, all the times shown are based on the incorrect time (unless I plan the trip on the GO instead of in HOME).

Does anyone know why the time in HOME using "Operate My GO" is five hours ahead? Is it because this is the time in Amsterdam, home of TomTom?

HOME v.2.6.1.238

I have the time set on my GO 730, but when I connect it to my laptop and run "Operate My GO", the time shown is five hours ahead. Set clock is grayed out, so I cannot set the time using HOME.

The time on the GO is correct, the clock on my computer is correct, but the time in HOME is not correct. Why does this matter? If I am planning a trip, all the times shown are based on the incorrect time (unless I plan the trip on the GO instead of in HOME).

Does anyone know why the time in HOME using "Operate My GO" is five hours ahead? Is it because this is the time in Amsterdam, home of TomTom?

HOME v.2.6.1.238
I assume that you are presently 6 hours from London (Central Time). GMT can be a nuisance, but at least everything knows what time it is. ;)

I assume that you are presently 6 hours from London (Central Time). GMT can be a nuisance, but at least everything knows what time it is. ;)

Yes, taking into account daylight savings time, which starts in Europe on different dates than here in the USA, I believe.

TomTom support has now replied to my question about the incorrect time shown in HOME "Operate My GO":

We apologize for any concern this may be causing. The time in the emulator is not real time, and will not effect the time of your trips. The trips will go by the time on your device. The emulator is only a simulation of your device in many ways, but will download the destination you wish to travel to. There is no way to change this time, as it is not set to any real time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We take all customer feedback received very seriously in the future development of our products. We have passed your comments on to our Product Management Team.

I tested it out a bit, and planned an imaginary trip to Chicago. Since the TomTom plans routes based on IQ, it should show different routes during rush hour, right?

Well, as far as I could tell, the route is the same. In "Operate My GO" it said the trip will take 2:25 and I'll arrive at 9:11 PM. On the GO it says 2:22 and I'll arrive at 4:10 PM.

So, when using HOME's "Operate My GO", don't call your office to tell them what time you expect to arrive based on what it says!

Ask a Question