short-cut to nav-to/poi, re nav-to poi without choosing city ?

hi

I've just updated my tomtom

I have all my destinations saved in a POI file called "favs"

I used to be able to use the menus on the tomtom and do this...

navigate to / points of interest / favs

and then either scroll down the list or type in a name and find where I wanted to go...

which was perfect!

but now I have to do plan route / POI / POI in city / *type in name of city* / then pick my favs file / then pick whcih one I want to go too....

the problem is I don;t always know which city my POI are in... some are out in the middle of nowhere....

is there anyway I can go back to the old way ?

or even just have a "favs" link in the first menu ?

thanks

Alan.

If you know the name of the POI/ you want, one thing you can do (which isn't immediately obvious) is this:

Do the navigate to POI bit and when you get the next screen saying "Near you", "In City", "Near Home" etc.... pick ANY ONE of them (I always use "Near Home")

Then choose the POI ctegory as usual, and it will show you the nearest ones to Home, as expected.

But if you now use the "Find" button at the bottom, and enter the first few letters, it searches ALL the entries, not just the ones shown in the list near your Home.

I use this all the time, and it works a treat.

Another little trick is to call the POI category "_Favs" (with an underscore at the front).
That puts your Favourites right at the top if you ever need to choose it from the alphabetical list of categories.

Hop those help!

Andy (new boy here)

Ask a Question