Sending Google Map destination error

Hi
I am trying to use Google Maps to send a business destination to my unit (ONE-XL). I have no problem finding my location and finding the send to GPS in Google Maps. When I send to GPS it automatically opens my TOMTOM software (Newest Vs) and it tells me it needs to download a file. I select OK but I get an error message saying the file isn't available at this time? Does anyone have any ideas?
I updated my software and unit to the lastest versions and I use IE 7 and made sure my pc has all the latest Windows updates.
I sure would like to use this feature amd hope it is a small bug and easy to fix.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Google map not loading into TT Go720

I am having the same problem. Found a poi on Google Maps for Celebration World Resort in Kissimmee and saved it to GPS but TomTom Home says the file to complete this transfer is not available....
I sent TT support a query about this a week ago & heard nothing yet. Lets hope some sharp eyed forum reader has some advice!
If I hear I will post.
Just got my TT720 for Xmas,first owned gps and having fun learning as we are heading to Florida next month and will surely need TT.:confused:

In order for the Google unfction to work you need to have Virtual TomTom to work, the Operate My ONE (in version 2.1 of HOME) or My ONE (in version 1.5 of HOME).

Have you been able to use before trying the Google function?

In order for the Google unfction to work you need to have Virtual TomTom to work, the Operate My ONE (in version 2.1 of HOME) or My ONE (in version 1.5 of HOME).

Have you been able to use before trying the Google function?

This was the first time I tried to use the Google Map to send to my unit.
I can't find any information on Virtual TomTom? How do I turn it on?

Thanks in advance

This was the first time I tried to use the Google Map to send to my unit.
I can't find any information on Virtual TomTom? How do I turn it on?

Thanks in advance

With your unit docked and TomTom Home (2.221) running, click on 'Operate my Go' and hopefully, you'll see a version of TomTom's screen running on your desktop.

What may happen is you see a message that a file needs to be downloaded to make the Virtual Go run; if so, let it.

Hopefully what won't happen is that you see a message saying something like 'file can't be dl at this time. Try later'.

i tried doing the google maps thing for the first time today. installed everything on my wife's PC, so that i could try this, since it odesn't like my mac.

i had virtual TT running, found my location, and set it to the TT. and then it brings up an error screen, so i hit back and it brings up a screen with an empty box, and has a selection of: navigate to, show on map, and make a favorite.

are these the correct options? i did the show on map, and it brings it up and then made it a POI, but it didn't transfer any of the info ut the actual location, i still had to do the name and phone number and all that. So is it working wrong, or is it supposed to enter all that too?

Just wondering if it's actually doing it right, or only half working.

Ask a Question