Rds Tmc usage in South Africa

Hi
I Know that the RDS TMS is not supported .What I would like to know is that has anyone is South Africa with a TomTom 720 got the RDS TMC working and which receiver have you used?
Will the RDS TMC mini usb unit with the car charger work on the 720 that has the round plug
indicating TMC?
Many Thanks

TomTom does not, as you originally suggest, support RDS-TMC traffic services in S. Africa. Without support, are you asking if other users have this working in South Africa, or somewhere else? Certainly not S. Africa.

RDS-TMC is available in the following countries:
Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and selected regions in the United States and Canada.

Navagon and Garmin sell their unit with the TMC RDS traffic so TMC is available in the major cities but not guaranteed to work and could be the reason for TT not supporting.The receivers are available and I am wondering is someone has tried to get it to work.
thanks

Ask a Question