Possible bad Denny's POI names

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
It looks like my TomTom One V2 doesn't like the apostrophe as part of the restaurant name. All the listings in a POI search are shown with the ASCII-type code for the apostrophe, D e n n y & # 39 ; s (spaces added to prevent the forum software from interpreting the control code). The Category listing appears just fine as "Denny's". Is any one else seeing this?

Mike

Last edited:
I haven't looked at it on my TomTom, but if you open the Denny's and Wendy's POI files using Wordpad, you see the following (I copied the text for the first location from each file... the rest of the entries are identical in format):

Denny's:
Dennyamp pound 3 9 semis Restaurant; 2943 S Arlington Rd>+13306440990

Wendy's:
Wendy's; (213) 746-8072; 3019 S Hoover St

The italicized text above is what is shown in the file, but vBulletin will replace it with a '. :) However these files were created, the software used to make the Denny's file converted the ' character to the control-char equivalent in text. So when you load that file into your TomTom, you will see exactly what's there (that is, amp pound 3 9 semi);

Last edited:
Does this cause a problem with navigation?
I can remove these enteries to make it look nicer. This is how the POI results came up when first making it.

It doesn't appear to affect navigation at all. It is just a cosmetic issue that I wasn't sure you were aware of. I took a picture of the listing so you can see how it looks onscreen.

Cheers,
Mike

2493733120101372915RFJGtR_th.jpg

Link to image:
Denny's POI List

Ask a Question