POI Warnings

TomTom Model(s)
5150 Pro truck
I have a Tom Tom Pro Truck 5150 which uses the NAV3 software the same as the other Live Go devices.

I am having problems with the pocket GPS speed camera database. All categories of cameras are installed with alerts but not all work properly. The roadside symbol shows but on some occasions neither the icon in the top left corner appears nor the warning operates. If the icon does appear it no longer counts down the distance to the camera and does not disappear for some time after the camera has been passed. The problen is not specific to one type of camera, it will work fine with say one gatso and then ignore the next one. I have uninstalled all the files and re installed them but the problem remains.

The problem seems to have manifested itself since the last map update in February which is also when my Live Services one year trail expired. Do not know whether this is connected.

I have tried reducing the number of visible poi s to nothing apart from the pocket GPS speed cameras but this makes no difference.

I do not want to go back to using the Tom Tom camera database because it is not reliable but it looks as if this is the only alternative because at the moment the situation is worse than useless.

Have Tom Tom changed the software so third party poi s do not work correctly ? I would not put that past them. Has anyone had a similar problem ?

I'd suggest you ask your question at pocketgpsworld.com, where you got the pocket GPS camera database in the first place.

Have Tom Tom changed the software so third party poi s do not work correctly ? I would not put that past them. Has anyone had a similar problem ?
I have a large number of third-party POI files installed on my GO Live 1535 and have not noticed any problems.

I know of no reasons why my GPS would be treated any differently than the device you have, so the first place that I would look would be to check with the source of your POI files to see if others are having a problem with their files. If there are no reports there, I would start looking at the possibility that you somehow got corrupted files on your device. In that case, deletion of those files and re-installation might solve your problem.

- Tom -

I've been replying to this over at PGPSW, but as their camera database is just like any other user-added POIs, we'll investigate along those lines to see if other POIs are affected..

Definitely not. I operate with approximately 4500 of them every week, and I've run every Nav3 build available. There have been no new builds since last September.

I think I may have solved this problem but the solution is a bit strange. Up until March I was using Live Services until the device was one year old. At that point I purchased from Tom Tom a fm power lead to enable traffic reports without having to subscribe to Live Services.

I have now tried demo routes involving cameras with the fm lead, a normal lead and without a power lead. The cameras seem to register OK so far on the normal lead and with no external power but on the fm lead the problem appears.

It does seem odd but I can only conclude that the fm lead is somehow causing a conflict so I will have to re subscribe to Live Services to get the traffic

Don't use a fm power lead with the Go Live devices.

If anything else occurs I will report back.

Len

As I've also said over on PGPSW, many thanks for investigating this and finding some evidence. We'll try to get that fed back to TomTom.

Ask a Question