POI Request: Blue Ridge Parkway!

TomTom Model(s)
TT One, New Edition w/a MacBook
Welcome to the Blue Ridge Parkway
Blue Ridge Parkway (U.S. National Park Service)

It's several US routes cobbled together as one of America's most scenic byways, but I haven't been able to easily google map it or even get a good regular map of the many roads that make it up, running through several states. We're about to drive from Los Angeles to New York City by way of Texas and want to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway as part of the journey, guided by our TomTom One, of course!

Calling Pedro!

Thanks in advance, folks.

-Dasha-

I'm not good with POI's, but here is the official map:

http://www.nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/upload/blrimap-2.pdf

I went to school in UVA, and even though I've never been on the parkway, there are signs to it 50 miles away in all directions. Also, it's in the mountains, there aren't many other roads in the area where you can accidentally get lost once you're on the parkway.

You could navigate to a nearby city or point on map per the link, and then just follow the signs.

a route was available from tom tom home so i grabbed it and edited it. If you still need it let me know. it has alot of stops including a motorcycle museum called wheels through time. what i dont get is why its not available anymore. :(

attached is a pretty good set with some interesting off-the-parkway sites.

can't remember where it came from or I would link you to it.

Attachments

• BRP_POI.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 557
a route was available from tom tom home so i grabbed it and edited it. If you still need it let me know. it has alot of stops including a motorcycle museum called wheels through time. what i dont get is why its not available anymore. :(

A Bit off Topic... (sort of)

Wheels through Time WAS in Maggie Valley, NC just off the parkway. The town had a small beef with the owner (he was bringing in the Harley Crowd :eek: who by the way spent a lot of money at their bars, inns and restaurants) so he packed up and is relocating the museum to Arizona.

I was there a few times (non-Harley rider by the way) and it was great to see...

Wheels through Time WAS in Maggie Valley, NC just off the parkway. The town had a small beef with the owner (he was bringing in the Harley Crowd :eek: who by the way spent a lot of money at their bars, inns and restaurants) so he packed up and is relocating the museum to Arizona.

Looks like he's staying in Maggie Valley. At least for now.

thanks!

We wound up doing by paper google map. We'll use this next time.:)

Ask a Question