photoshop startup

WAM

Just finished installing HOME for a new GO 740 and when I connect the GPS to my computer, adobe photoshop always horns in like it's looking for incoming pics or something. It does the same thing when I go to synchronize my pocket PC too. How/where can I shut that thing off?

Sounds like Photoshop is running in the backround and reacts when it sees any new device with images. Both the TomTom (startup/shutdown images) and Pocket PC (i assume has images) have some type of image that Photoshop wants to store in it's 'database'. There should be a control within Photoshop to disable automatic checking of external drives.

There should be a control within Photoshop to disable automatic checking of external drives.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but there was no OPTIONS in the menus and PREFERENCES had no shut-off. Hence the question. But I may have found it. Down on the taskbar there's an Adobe Photo Downloader which has a disable. We'll see if that get's it done.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but there was no OPTIONS in the menus and PREFERENCES had no shut-off. Hence the question. But I may have found it. Down on the taskbar there's an Adobe Photo Downloader which has a disable. We'll see if that get's it done.

go to run in the start menu and type msconfig and then enter. Then go to the startup tab where you will see all the start up programs. Uncheck the adobe photoshop or anything connected to it like downloader and click apply and restart computer. You should have no problem.

Last edited:

Ask a Question