One year old 340XL S can't get past TomTom start logo!

This started with the icons on the second page, i.e. "Navigate To">then nothing on the next page, e.g. "Favorites" would not respond and eventually shut the TomTom down. Reset didn't work and "Home" update hasn't rectified the situation. I have backed up the maps but one of my chidren removed my backup, thinking it was an out of date version of my Tomato router firmware. What next? Thank you!

Do you or do you not have a backup, hopefully with Explorer, not Home?

If not, make one now.

You say you've reset the unit. By holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds? (Don't think that model has a dedicatd reset hole).

Do you or do you not have a backup, hopefully with Explorer, not Home?

If not, make one now.

You say you've reset the unit. By holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds? (Don't think that model has a dedicatd reset hole).
That is correct! So I'll back up this troubled device now! Oh, I do not have a back up. I did back up the maps though before I tried updating from "Home."

When you connect to the computer, is it recognized as a removable drive? If so, you can make an Explorer backup. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html
Appreciate your replies! How do I rectify this issue though? When I try to operate it with Home I get: "TTHOmeRuntime.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." One thing I noticed on resets, "SubID (feature) 0 1:" and then all zeros instead of any file name or reg key. Could be something missing there!

Don't worry about Home or anything it says. If it isn't closing itself, go ahead and close it down yourself. Then move on to the instructions for backup that dhn gave you. We don't recommend Home for backups as a rule.

Ask a Question