Noob...typing in address....letters typing themselves?

TomTom Model(s)
Playing with my wifes new 720 last night ($176 Amazon)....

I was typing in an address to a location we need to go and before I even touch the keyboard screen, Letters were jumping up on the screen like a ghost was typing them or something!
My first thought was some type of preference was set for speaking in the address and the thing was picking up TV sounds and other people in the house.

Now this morning I'm playing with it and if I go to any of the Main Menu screens.......here again, seems to have a mind of it's own and buttons are highlighting that I haven't even touched!.......Help please!

Sometimes, what happens is a little fleck of dust gets under the bezel surrounding the glass.

Take a thin shart piece of cardboard (like a piece of a business card) and slowly work your way around the perimeter of the glass ....

Does that help?

OMG....sigh!
I just tried your suggestion....(can't imagine this being 1 day brand new out of box).

Booting up...
nope....didn't help!
When I go to the Navigate address screen.....The letter "T" automatically lights up as if it's been pressed.

In my opinion, yes.......especially (with a new working one), you can update the firmare and get the Latest Map guarantee (within 30 days of first use) to effectively turn a 720 into a 730 model.

Thanks again.....
sorry, i edited my above post you just replied to.
(I asked if this 720tt was a good deal for $186 total price from Amazon).

K,
I was very excited about getting to use this new TT but looks like we possibly got a lemon!

Thanks for your advice!

Ask a Question