No Sound or visual alerts on added POIs

I have added .the appropriately named ov2, ogg and bmp files to my map folder and have not been able to get them to display/alert on my XXL540 both when driving and when running demo maps at about 300%. I have also tried moving sound file to sounds folder with no help. Any suggestions as to what I might change?

It would be nice to get within 2000 feet of a rest area and have a display/alert.

Update

I have several "Home Grown" sound alerts and after some experimentation here is what appears to work in Demo on my machine:
Install the bmp and ov2 files under the map folder and place the ogg file in the sound folder.

Go to Manage POIs the Warn When Near POI. Select the new POI and select sound file from its location. Choose a distance for the alert to go off and select the appropriate sound sound alert file from the display of all sound alerts.alerts.

Hope I have the order correct. I am also told that you can add the ogg file as before under the map folder but I had little success with that configuration.

New to me is the ability of the TT to derive its own alert (long and short) and the ability to type your own alert in the TT.

I make my alerts at the ATT site AT&T Labs Natural Voices Text-to-Speech Demo and convert to ogg elseware.. This allows the alert to be made in a different speech type.

Hope this helps someone else having alert problems.

More Observations

After spending several hours yesterday trying to get my TT to work with sound alerts via a demo, I finally this morning found what was the matter.

To quicken the test process, I made an icon, sound alert file and waypoint near my home and this shortened the test process down. I could not get the sound file to work when the demo was run in the 300s. This morning by accident I ran the demo at 200 and everything worked.

If you demo test a sound effect alert (ogg in sound folder), it appears to work at a 200 speed. Anyone have any other experiences with alerts and demo speed on an XXL.

That's interesting.........

Doing route demos at 400% still allow for the hearing of computer voices, it used to be limited to 200%. Recent app updates allow for the 400% speed to be utilized.

Do have the latest app for your model? (Not sure what it is but connect your unit to Home and see if an application update is offered.

I still prefer to use Route Demo set to around 100% speed to ensure you catch the POI Warning, if the device is making a navigation instruction this takes precedence of the POI Warning, at 400% it can be making lots of nav calls but little time remaining for the POI alerts - Mike

Ask a Question