No shortest route or maximum speed options on IQ Routes XL Version 2

i just bought an IQ Routes XL Version 2 and I don't seem to be able to find the 'Shortest Route', 'Maximum Speed' and 'Avoid Motorways' options that I used to like on my old, sadly lost, TomTom. Are these really no longer available? Can I do some kind of software update to get them back?

You probably need the expanded menu. In Preferences select Show All Menu items.

You may also have accidentally selected 'Always choose fastest route'.

Sadly, version 2 models have the 'simplified' menu and ONLY the fastest route is considered for routing on those models.

If you want the increased functionality, return the unit and exchange for a non version 2 model.

Eh? How can you have a Sat Nav that doesn't do shortest route? Even a ?49 bargain basement brand can do it!

Surely there must be software I can download from somewhere to sort this out? Presumably the hardware is up to it. I shouldn't have to go through the hassle and trauma of taking it back to the shop where they will no doubt say that there is nothing wrong with the unit.

Take the unit back to the shop and demand a refund explaining the device is unfit for the intended purpose, these devices with dumbed down menu's are becoming a real PITA at the moment, shame the box doesn't actually state what the device is capable of - Mike

The point of IQ routes is to take you the fastest way there using historical road data which may mean a shorter or longer may be better. I find IQ routes are betterthan blindly selecting Shortest or Fastest on another brand.....

The point of IQ routes is to take you the fastest way there using historical road data which may mean a shorter or longer may be better. I find IQ routes are betterthan blindly selecting Shortest or Fastest on another brand.....

I often don't want the fastest route. Fastest route is often obvious anyway so I don't need a Sat Nav for it.. Shortest route, whilst often taking much longer, is usually more interesting when touring and (obviously) incurs less mileage, which is useful when hiring a car not on unlimited mileage or for maximising time between services.

The 'maximum speed' option gives a happy medium, making sure you stay on sensible roads but via a reasonably interesting and fast route.

Ask a Question